Second Skin Audio

Dd Vs. Dc No Arguing And No Biased Opinions

I know that this topic has started alot of arguments in the past on this fourm and that is not what im tring to do. I am just wondering which sub would be better for my set up, I know they are both awesome subs and both get nasty loud, but I just want a few professional opinions on the topic. I'm running 4K watts total 2K on each one in an enclosure 5^3 per sub tuned to 38HZ. I want to run either 2 DD 9515's or 2 DC lvl5 15"s. I don't really lile to meter my truck I just like to beat the block up and please the croud if you'll know what I mean. So which one of the two will be better, and if you havent run either of the subs and just want to voice your opinion that you only read about on the internet please dont post. I would like to hear from people that have ran either or both of the subs and can help me out and not just talk about something they know nothing about. Thanks for any real reply I greatly appreciate it.

P.S you'll help me out so I can start a build thread

Under construction

soon to be:

2 DD Z9518's

8 lunar L1500's (500rms each)

Secondskin Dampner pro

250a Mechman rhino alt

4 runs of 2/0 (installed)

4 batteries (installed)

6-5 1/4's, 2-6 1/2's, 2-4in all ma audio (installed)

bang080.jpg

I know that this topic has started alot of arguments in the past on this fourm and that is not what im tring to do. I am just wondering which sub would be better for my set up, I know they are both awesome subs and both get nasty loud, but I just want a few professional opinions on the topic. I'm running 4K watts total 2K on each one in an enclosure 5^3 per sub tuned to 38HZ. I want to run either 2 DD 9515's or 2 DC lvl5 15"s. I don't really lile to meter my truck I just like to beat the block up and please the croud if you'll know what I mean. So which one of the two will be better, and if you havent run either of the subs and just want to voice your opinion that you only read about on the internet please dont post. I would like to hear from people that have ran either or both of the subs and can help me out and not just talk about something they know nothing about. Thanks for any real reply I greatly appreciate it.

P.S you'll help me out so I can start a build thread

Having played with both i personally prefer the way the DC's play, both are awesome woofers though :)

Edited by Dan.

the only way youll ever get any unbiased and no arguing is to buy both and run the ones that work the best for yoiu and you enjoy. i dont think youll be unhappy with either of them though

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Having played with both i personally prefer the way the DC's play, both are awesome woofers though :)

Thanks for your opinion bro I went to a local shop today that sale DD and looked at the 9515 And was impressed but I still like DC so im confussed

Under construction

soon to be:

2 DD Z9518's

Secondskin Dampner pro

250a Mechman rhino alt

4 batteries (installed)

bang080.jpg

the only way youll ever get any unbiased and no arguing is to buy both and run the ones that work the best for yoiu and you enjoy. i dont think youll be unhappy with either of them though

thanks man thats the way I feel I know both are encredible subs just want a lil insight that would maybe help me make my decision. I never heard or seen a DC sub in my life but i read so much good reviews about them. I just was hopping to shed a lil light on the situation, but im leaning towards the DC's

Under construction

soon to be:

2 DD Z9518's

Secondskin Dampner pro

250a Mechman rhino alt

4 batteries (installed)

bang080.jpg

i vote DD...i like the sound more than DC...the DCs have a flat responce to me. ive heard a few set ups and they just sounded flat...loud but flat (no offence to the ones ive heard)

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

So which one of the two will be better,

How can you ask the question above and NOT expect to get a biased opinion or start an argument? :rolleyes:

I'll go on record that I have BOTH subs...I used to run DD's for my DbDrag Setup and I use DC now for daily applications that don't require more then just a zillion watts for a 2-3 second burp.

2-15" DD's got me a 159.7 in SSNW back in the day (Don't know what that is on a TermLAB) with 4-RF BD1500's and 2 batteries.

Now that I have no love for Dbdrag or competing I will stick with DC as my "Daily" drivers as I know they get loud, are a quality US built product and come with support From a Man who has a couple of World Titles in his living room.

BTW...Topics like this are stupid as Fuck!

:8)

dc will probably be cheaper and has great customer service.

the lvl 4 xls will handle your available 2000w pretty good though.... :good:

i am going to have lvl 5s on dd amps ftw. :01nocomment8so:

DD always had great customer service for me, and thats one of the reasons Ive ran their subs for the past 7 years.

And what DC sub is prob cheaper then what DD sub. Both companies offer a wide varity to your audio needs.

DC lvl 1, lvl 2, lvl 3, lvl4, lvl 4xl, lvl 5.

DD 500, 1500, 2500, 3500, 9100, 9500, 9500Z, Z Not including their component/coaxle speakers.

Both companies offer competitor discounts, and most shops that sell DD will sell them at a "MAP" price which is way less then retail.

DC offers painted dustcaps...

DD offers color composite kevlar cones, carbon fiber cones, stock paper cones. 4 or 5 different size carbon fiber dustcaps as well as colored carbon fiber dustcaps.

DC has limited options in coil configurations (dual 2 or dual 4 ohm) that im aware off.

DD offers many coil configurations which makes it easy to fight impedance rise to get the most power out of your amp(s). Quad and Dual voice coils in .5 ohm, 1 ohm, 1.5 ohm, 2 ohm, 4 ohm.

DC's wood grain.

Picture132.jpg

DD's wood grain

9115.jpg

Not to mention their other custom built woofers here http://www.ddaudio.com/dd/gallery_ddcustoms.asp

Edited by Bangin Caddy