Sonic Electronix

Blow Thru Port For Truck?

That is pretty much a full on custom job. It is definately not something for the faint of heart.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

I could be wrong but this is what i know. im pretty sure there isnt a blow through "port" made by a company specifically for that. Like stated above its pretty much a full custom job you can just order a premade thing and cut a hole and slap it in there. Also its not a port, from what ive seen its more of a rubber strip that is connected to the edge of the bed then conected to the edge of the cab. If you tried to use something plastic or wood like a port it would probably break because the bed will move seperate from the truck some times.

I have a 2003 Ford F150 Crewcab with 4 - 12's in the bed. When we cut out my firewall & bed we used a rubber boot to connect the 2 & seal the holes. We got this from a local RV dealer. The RV place has tons of these things in all different shapes and sizes. This is not what they are intended to be used for but they sure do work great. just be sure to use alot of sealant so that it doesn't leak.

dj2q.jpg

Jared Nixon  A.K.A. Jsmoke

My Car Stereo Website: 3rd Coast Customs

My Fishing Website: BigLake411.com

Add me as a friend: Myspace

Download: Check out my Audio Calculations Spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel)

ATTENTION ALL SMD MEMBERS: Do not under any circumstance buy anything from Chassistech! They do not stand behind their products & their customer service is horrible. They do not actually manufacture lowering springs, they drop ship them from Spring Tech. Chasistech.com also does business as Airbagit.com, Streetridepro.com & Truckinsuspension.com. They are all the same company! Do not trust these bastards! Their products are cheap & more often than not, you don't get what you actually order in the first place! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

WOW that looks awsome. Very nice work.

System Specs:

Alpine SWR-1542D 15" sub

Sealed Subwoofer Box

MTX mxa 6001 Class D 774watts RMS @ 2ohms

MTX Bass Knob

Pioneer 6.5's in doors

MTX Thunderdome 6x9 in rear

Stinger 1 Farad capacitor

80 amp stinger fuse

BIG 3 in 4 gauge wire

4 gauge power/ground wire

JVC MP3 CD Car Deck (KD-G320)

12 gauge Monster speaker wire to Sub

16 gauge Stinger speaker wire to doors

Stinger Gold Plated Battery Terminals

is that a metal support frame in between the bed and cab? what about the 2 flexin seperately? It looks great, but if it is a daily driver, isn't that something to watch out for?

Just asking, because If I don't get an avalanche or tahoe, I am going to do a blowthrough in a silverado. choices, choices.

-Steven-

SMDsigbannr4.jpg

Here's what I did to a friends truck a while back ...

Before ...

Posted Image

Posted Image

After ...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks for the replys everbody.On this install did you put the back seats in?Is the metal in this install aluminum?

Archived