Cutting Plexiglass The Right Way

I'm the poor idiot who has no money and a universal tool. Ha ha ha...Dremel.

When I made my plexi box to house my amps. I used a dremel tool and a steady hand and cut with the cutting tool, then I went behind that and used the sander and sanded the rough edge down to a nice smooth surface. First time working with the stuff. It was before I found this very informative site. Wish I had found the site sooner.

old_system_5.JPG

Edited by Cpl Dozier

www.AlabamaDrift.com04 Silverado in the works

I'm the poor idiot who has no money and a universal tool. Ha ha ha...Dremel.

When I made my plexi box to house my amps. I used a dremel tool and a steady hand and cut with the cutting tool, then I went behind that and used the sander and sanded the rough edge down to a nice smooth surface. First time working with the stuff. It was before I found this very informative site. Wish I had found the site sooner.

old_system_5.JPG

That looks sick dozier, nice job, if you hadn't showed me I wouldnt have believed it looked any good with a Dremel.. This is one more example why dremel's rock lol

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

But if your broke lol... they do have a plexi knife its like 9 bucks or something, just keep using it along a straight edge. that'll work too.

2 RF P215's

Rockford 1 farad digital cap

RF X6.c Amp

Alpine head unit

JBL GTO component door speakers and two way rear deck speakers

put the blade on backward so the teeth are spinning in the opposite direction, it worked for me, but it wasnt for any show purposes and i think i learned that in shop class or picked it up somewhere.....

I only tell people 1/3 of what im REALLY doin', just so they can HATE ONLY on that third...

2007 Tahoe

factory system for now :)

Car Domain Page

Lay It Low Forum

put the blade on backward so the teeth are spinning in the opposite direction, it worked for me, but it wasnt for any show purposes and i think i learned that in shop class or picked it up somewhere.....

the reason you do that is to prevent burning the plexi otherwise it can melt very quickly.

2 RF P215's

Rockford 1 farad digital cap

RF X6.c Amp

Alpine head unit

JBL GTO component door speakers and two way rear deck speakers

the reason you do that is to prevent burning the plexi otherwise it can melt very quickly.

I can vouch for that. My plexi started to melt a couple times so I had to keep adjusting the speed on the dremel till I got it right.

Thanks for the compliment. It took me about 12 hours to make that box. Took card board and laid it under the plexi with a hand drawn logo from me on it, then traced it on the glass with pencil, and dremel away.

www.AlabamaDrift.com04 Silverado in the works