2 15s Quieter Than 1?

so your ports are faceing the side of the car? if so than that will deffinitly change the sound. i did some work for a friend that had a cavi and we ran into the same problem. if you could face the port into the trunk or even towards the front it would probably help.

6 dc level 3 12's

digital designs Z1A

pioneer h/u

4 sets of rockford 6.5's

crunch 1600.4

Mechman 270a alt

kinetik hc2400 (soon to be xs power d3100)

xs power 3400 (under the hood)

lots of 1/0

no both were on the backseat

u cant fit 6 cubes in a cavy trunk? trust me it can be done...i had a 2004 sunfire and did it twice

once with 15" PA FUBRS then with 7.4 cubes with 15" PA MOFOS

first one was converting a slant face sealed box to a ported box

enclosures fit in the trunk but from the fold down to back bumper where the port sits

got boomy with lows on crappy PA 1920 2 channel plasama amp

ask lanman b out what size u can fit in a cavy/sunfire

Edited by anubis

1998 Monte Carlo Z34

Stock HU but have replacement

Stock Highs

Stock Electrical

BTL 18 sitting naked

AP1500D

You say you are running two amps, Are they strapped or linked or just one to each sub?

Edit: Asking because I have taken 2 brand new same model amps and tried one to each sub without strapping or linking and put one on each sub. tested voltage with a clamp meter on each speaker out. At a low level 1 was reading .7 amps and the other was reading .1 amps. Both amps were set as close to the same as possible.

I'm not sure if that would cause cancellation or not but I'm sure it can't be good.

Edited by alvitae

• 2 weeks later...
no both were on the backseat

you said that the single 15 was in the same size box as you have the 2 15's correct?

How many cubes are you giving each sub?

if the box volume per sub cut in half, the port size would do almost the same to keep the same tuning freq.

You need to post pics of the box and more specs on your system. Box size would be a good start :rolleyes:

Pioneer 500UB

1 LVL4 15" 4.3cubes tuned to 35HZ

BXi1606D

1/0

Red top in back

JBL 5 1/4's front

Infinity Kappa 6 1/2's rear

145.7 Legal on music New Audio Control

try this pull the reardeck cover off then try taking a sawzall to the rear deck and cut 2 slits along the edges then take a pair of channel locks bend the rear deck up and see if you can fit the box in from the inside of the car of course measure the heighth of the box 1st to make sure it is not taller than the trunk itself i have done this several times and it is easier than building the box in the trunk if it will fit slide it in bend the the reardeck back down put the cover backdown and wala

TEAM GROUNDPOUNDERS INC.

156.5 OUT THE TRUNK OF A 95 CADDY

W/1 SUB & 2AMPs

score done on a termlab mic in the kick

on the dash sealed was 154

groundpounders-sig-1.jpg

It sounds like your're running into cancellation from your ports. If you build that box in the trunk right, it can sound almost as good as in the back seat. Plus, you'll be able to get laid back there to boot.

ya the trunk is pretty cramped its like 16 or 17 inches of clearence and i have 2 15's so its pretty tight and that is another great reason to move it to the trunk!!! :spiteful:

• 1 month later...

you should do something like 2 12s in the trunk... we did a cavi that would hit 146 on the TL all day with 2 sx 12s

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer