Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Need Help On A Quick Sub Question


Recommended Posts

Posted

hey wutz up. I was installing my subs in my new box and I ended up putting a half inch to a inch long tear in the surround on the sub and I wanted to know will that affect the way my subs will sound or will it b ok to still run that sub?Plz help I know somebody in here has a answer so dont leave me hangin I would preciate it if u helped.

Posted

damn that has to suck.

im pretty sure it wouldn't fuck with the sound but i would run that sub by itself. then run another sub and if they sound the same then keep it... but it would kinda look bad if u show ur setup off. :lol:

MMM BASS OATS..ITS WHAT I HAVE FOR BREAKFAST

2 AudioQue HDC3 18'' subs

Rockford Fosgate T1 6.5 mids

MMATS 2000.05

XS Power D1200

Knukonceptz 1/0

Pioneer Premier DEH-P490iB

" Shit I can roll a blunt better than those bitches in Havana!"- Uncle Elroy

Posted

Did that a WHILE back, it wont affect performance at all, just appearance. All you do is take some rubber cement and glue it back together. Just remember to either drill the screw holes out next time, or just be more careful.

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

Posted

the hell it wont affect performance. its a hole in your subs. leaking air. sounds shitty. take some rtv glue and patch it up from the inside so its not so noticeable. eventually get a new surround installed if you want it for looks too.

duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1424 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...