Sonic Electronix

If you are gonna be adding more batterys, I would recommend getting a H.O. Alternator first, cause the adding another battery will put an extra load on the alternator to charge, and stock alternators are not really designed to charge two batteries, so it will cut down your alt life alot.

So before getting a massive system, I would upgrade in this order.

*New battery upfront(XS Power,Kinetik,etc...)

*Big 3 upgrade(0Gauge)

*H.O. Alt(200 and up depending on application)

*Extra batterys in trunk

After you get those things then you are ready for a 2000rms+++ system, and you wont have to worry about anything failing.

Then you will be off to doing :hairtrick: :hairtrick: :hairtrick:

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

I ran a Maxximus to 2 DC LVL 5 18's Even the 8 Powermaster 2700's and a 400 amp alt wasn't enough.

Good luck running it daily.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

*Big 3 upgrade(0Gauge)

*Extra batterys in trunk

After you get those things then you are ready for a 2000rms+++ system, and you wont have to worry about anything failing.

he would need at least 2 alternators, probably 3 to be safe. and a BOATLOAD of batteries.

and kinetik makes batteries that are designed for 12v (can be charged up to 15.5v iirc), and 16v batts (charged up to 19.2 i think)

I ran a Maxximus to 2 DC LVL 5 18's Even the 8 Powermaster 2700's and a 400 amp alt wasn't enough.

Now that I see that, He would be better off finding an amp that is more efficient, and save him self multiple alts and like 12batterys.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

he would need at least 2 alternators, probably 3 to be safe. and a BOATLOAD of batteries.

and kinetik makes batteries that are designed for 12v (can be charged up to 15.5v iirc), and 16v batts (charged up to 19.2 i think)

Make it 4, 5 if they are only 200a alternators..

Power Master $$400 series

and multiple runs of 0 gauge jus to be safe, even if its only 3000w hes running...

".......Cut spending to only the bare essentials, water and bread...and margaritas...Yaay "-Mr. Marsh

95 camry:

JVC Deck

15" Fi Q in a fail prefab box

US-Amps Merlin Md2d

"Doin' that Work

go with a ddaudio 9500 18in thats me and my buddy plan is to be a 150 ground pounder with a single sub and the rms is only 1500 but you can put 4000-5000 watts on it no problem

lol. but i haven't and i don't plan on it. plus i'd probably miss and hit her belly button or her ear or something. lol.

I dont get why you want to run a Maxximus on 2 18s. Good luck finding 18s that will take that power daily as well.

From the looks of it, you arent ready for that type of power. Not trying to be mean, just trying to be realistic. Get 2 18s that are around 2k rms and throw around 5k rms to the pair. You will be more than satisfied.

you can series the kinetiks, but how the hell are you charging 72 volts? external charger of some sort i'm assuming?

and yes, with that amp you're going to need something beefier than those little batcaps, i'd really run like 4 2400's for an amp that big...and lots of 0g...and another alt...10kw aint a joke, and that amp needs a boatload of current at good voltage to keep it working

There is a thing for hydraulics called a street charger that can charge up to 72 volts from the alternator on a trickle charge. Works fairly well if you don't hit switches all day

If you are gonna be adding more batterys, I would recommend getting a H.O. Alternator first, cause the adding another battery will put an extra load on the alternator to charge, and stock alternators are not really designed to charge two batteries, so it will cut down your alt life alot.

*Big 3 upgrade(0Gauge)

*Extra batterys in trunk

Battery-Done

Big 3-Done

HO alt-Done but I will need more than 200

Extra batteries-I have 12 but for the hydraulics

Already ran 2000+ not enough.

I have pulled everything out of the car to get ready for this and I was planning on using Solo X's but have heard multiple times they are not loud compared to others. The Maxximus was to run the Solo X's but I can change that now since I won't be running the Kickers. I'm trying to finalize my design so I can purchase the rest of my equipment but it looks like I will need a new amp choice. Maybe Sampson or Goliath? Other ideas?

Keep it coming guys!

Starting From Scratch!!

lets review shall we?

not trying to be a dick, but im saying there is a high probability that you will smoke that amp and waste 4 digit $ numbers.

Edited by Krannyman92