Sundown Audio

Hifonics 2010 Models Underated?

eliassami5

The lower the impedence, the more inneficient the amp gets.

2 - Audiopipe AP30001Ds

1 - Lanzar Opti Scion 600.4

4 - Lanzar Optidrive 1232D's

1 - Lanzar Opti 5.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6C midbass

1 - Alphasonic PCT6551

1 - Lanzar VX830

1 - JBL 22 band EQ

1 - Lanzar SDBT75NU

1 - AudioControl Epic160

ehh i think its all bias opinions. Im pretty sure nobody that's commented has owned a 2010 BXI so its kinda hard to take this advice. Unless i see definitive bench tests at x voltage then im gonna stick with the math.

And even if the BXI 2010D had 70% efficiency then it would still do 1960rms btw

The fuse is there to "protect" the amp and wiring (in the case of an inline fuse). Who says because it is 200 amp fuse it will use 200 amps? Not to mention, playing music a 200 amp fuse will handle more than 200 amps before it blows. . .

Brian

Im not saying that it will use 200A....im saying that the MAXIMUM power that it can put out on a 14v system would be xxx watts. An amplifiers true power can be estimated by its fusing rating, ive seen many many posts from this site and other sites that calculate the amps true output by using the fusing rating. Although efficiency ratings can differ from amp to amp, this is just an estimation of power.

Basically ppl just talkin out their ass is the way i see it here. Its like unless its sundown, aq, cactus, etc then it aint worth shit... :rolleyes:

DSC06330-1.jpg

91' Jeep Cherokee - The Heep

Just Empty Every Pocket

96' Volvo 960 - The B◘x

[sPL_4_U]

HiFonics - Alpine

Pioneer - Clarion

Infinity - Kicker

KnuKonceptz

My Cadence amp does more power than a 1608D and its only rated at 1200 watts.

The System In Progress

Headunit: Pioneer DEH5800MP

Sub: DC Sound Lab Level 4 15" D2

Box: 4 cubes at 33Hz

Sub Amp: Cadence Z1200

Front Stage: PG RSD5cs

Rear Stage: Pioneer TSA6991R (Temporary)

Front and Rear Amp: Cadence TXA3004 (FS) (Looking)

Wiring: XScorpion, American Bass, Stinger Custom Pro 4 Gauge

fuse ratings mean nothing.

that 14v figure implies no voltage drop. What will voltage drop too?

Most larger Hifonics amps are Underrated. And 90% efficiency can be seen in the class D models.

My tests on XX Goliaths and my XXV Maxximus showed actual power well over rated power

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

Most larger Hifonics amps are Underrated. And 90% efficiency can be seen in the class D models.

My tests on XX Goliaths and my XXV Maxximus showed actual power well over rated power

yes i realize that voltage will drop but to 12-13v at full tilt but that wasnt my point, just simply that it would be possible to achieve that kind of power with a constant 14v input. And yes i want your Hifnoics XX-MAXXIMUS amp lol, thig is a beast no doubt.

DSC06330-1.jpg

91' Jeep Cherokee - The Heep

Just Empty Every Pocket

96' Volvo 960 - The B◘x

[sPL_4_U]

HiFonics - Alpine

Pioneer - Clarion

Infinity - Kicker

KnuKonceptz

You mean that CEA 14.4 rating. Even that .4 volts will make a noticable difference in wattage. :)

Thats why many companies rate their amps at 13.8 volts, its more realistic for the average joe, and competitor unless your using external regulators or mla modules.

13.8volt rating > CEA 14.4 volt rating.

when we "calculate true power by fuse" we are more or less saying "that 2000 watt _____amp cant do that if it stays within the bounds of physics since it has a 20 amp fuse...Its good for maybe 200 watts at 12 volts"

proving an amp does lower than rated with the fuse as proof is pretty viable imo, because if it cant draw the current it cant make the power

proving it makes the power because it has high enough fusing is just as good, but just how a t4k only draws 50amps at 8ohms and has a 500amp fuse, big fuse doesnt mean big power (although it strongly suggests the possibility)

and effeceincy does drop at lower impedances, sometimes significantly so (in the form of heat, notice ho at 1ohm its hotter than 4? thats effeciency loss...and that can cause a 20-50 amp draw on a 200amp fuse)

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

yes i realize that voltage will drop but to 12-13v at full tilt but that wasnt my point, just simply that it would be possible to achieve that kind of power with a constant 14v input. And yes i want your Hifnoics XX-MAXXIMUS amp lol, thig is a beast no doubt.

OK, so you are trying to figure if its "possible" with optimal conditions.

I am not sure if the BXI amps have a regulated or unregulated power supply though.

BTW, I have a for sale thread for my Maxximus.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

You mean that CEA 14.4 rating. Even that .4 volts will make a noticable difference in wattage. :)

Thats why many companies rate their amps at 13.8 volts, its more realistic for the average joe, and competitor unless your using external regulators or mla modules.

13.8volt rating > CEA 14.4 volt rating.

this man speaks the truf

Archived