Second Skin Audio

Btl Vs Hcca

1 18" btl > 2 12" orions

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...?showtopic=6819

How to calculate cone area

Cone area = pi x (r x r)

pi = 3.14 r = radius of sub

One 8" = 50.27

One 10" = 78.54

One 12" = 113.1

One 15" = 176.71

One 18" = 254.47

Two 8" = 100.53

Two 10" = 157.08

Two 12" = 226.19

Two 15" = 353.43

Two 18" = 508.94

Three 8" = 150.8

Three 10" = 235.62

Three 12" = 339.29

Three 15" = 530.14

Three 18" = 763.41

Four 8" = 201.06

Four 10" = 314.16

Four 12" = 452.39

Four 15" = 706.86

Four 18" = 1017.87

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

dont forget about the passenger window going off track ;)

I knew is was missing something. But the only reason i didnt run the btl's in my caprice was the wait time. I could really not get a real date to get some woofers from fi, and I cant go another summer without some beat. :wacko:

I wish every body had beat so I wouldnt have to turn my shit down. Fosgate for life running there shit since I was 16 going on 15 years strong. Not stopping any time soon.

Wow..some heat rising up in this thread. Anyways, Ive never heard a BTL but my SSD gets down for being their "low end budget sub" off 1k watts being a 15 i love it. Right now any problems I have are with my setup..I can honestly say i cant blame anything that goes wrong on the sub. BUT with that said Im very non biased and would love to try the HCCA as they seem like there a great sub. But based on my past experience Id go with 1 18..Just funner to have imo than 2 12s.

And whether people wanna admit it or not Fi is becoming very mainstream now. Not as mainstream as alpine or rockford because you dont see Fi sellin their subs in best buy. While I only know a handful of people runnin Fi around here..I can say that i know NO ONE running a new HCCA sub.

you cant just add up the size of the sub like that. how big is the cone? how far can it move in both directions. displacement and all that.

Wow..some heat rising up in this thread. Anyways, Ive never heard a BTL but my SSD gets down for being their "low end budget sub" off 1k watts being a 15 i love it. Right now any problems I have are with my setup..I can honestly say i cant blame anything that goes wrong on the sub. BUT with that said Im very non biased and would love to try the HCCA as they seem like there a great sub. But based on my past experience Id go with 1 18..Just funner to have imo than 2 12s.

And whether people wanna admit it or not Fi is becoming very mainstream now. Not as mainstream as alpine or rockford because you dont see Fi sellin their subs in best buy. While I only know a handful of people runnin Fi around here..I can say that i know NO ONE running a new HCCA sub.

what do you mean by new?

like the one w/ the black dust cap?

CURRENTLY UNDER RE-CONSTRUCTION

2008 Hyundai Sonata

Team T3 Audio

Team Deadly Hertz

Team SMD (Street Motivated Devastation)

Chariot.gif

So we know how most of this forum feels about FI BTL's but how is that opinion going to change when AA makes meades subs. How many people you think are going to dump Fi for AA. Just asking.

I wish every body had beat so I wouldnt have to turn my shit down. Fosgate for life running there shit since I was 16 going on 15 years strong. Not stopping any time soon.

Im guess everyone that says this site is affiliated and biased toward Fi has never read half the damn posts on this site.. Go reaserch some b4 coming in with BS remarks and statements.

18s ftw

Team Deadly Hertz

1997 GMC 1500

Update....

System is gone

Motor is fucked

Truck is down and out for a while

Myspace

YOUTUBE

My Build

Im guess everyone that says this site is affiliated and biased toward Fi has never read half the damn posts on this site.. Go reaserch some b4 coming in with BS remarks and statements.

You must not have read where your posting. But I have read a shit load of peoples post who have never heard a fi or a system that goes over 150. I have had fis and currently have some hccas. I was just asking how many are going to dump fi for aa when meades shit drops. You bug me.

Archived