False Alarms? Why Would This Happen?

if its saying report then shock sensor it sounds like its bad, call tech support and ask. im sure they will know

I hope not. I didnt buy it out of a store...

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

As for the dome light. it shuts off shortly after i close the door so its fine... i dont know what it could be...

Untitled-2.jpg

My Videos

AQ + AA/Fi FTMFW!!!!!

remote start is on a timer some how. yes it does shut off when the brake is pressed and no key in the ignition

i found out that after it does its "Alarm Report: Shock Sensor"

it will stay locked.], but when i hit unlock it will say "Alarm Report: Shock Sensor".... I dont get it....:(

What kinda alarm/remote start do you have?

if its a direct brand, the remote start timer is there. It will shut off after the run cycle is completed. Theres a few different setting you can have it at for remote start run time, but you need a bitwriter to change alarm settins.

As for the shock sensor, is it a seperate module like the older directed alarms, or is it built into the brain it self.

If its a seperate sensor, try unplugging it to see if the alarm still self triggers, if it dont buy a new shock sensor from ebay for 10 bucks or whatever they sell for.

It sucks you didnt buy it retail so calling CS wont help to much I dont think.

What kinda alarm/remote start do you have?

if its a direct brand, the remote start timer is there. It will shut off after the run cycle is completed. Theres a few different setting you can have it at for remote start run time, but you need a bitwriter to change alarm settins.

As for the shock sensor, is it a seperate module like the older directed alarms, or is it built into the brain it self.

If its a seperate sensor, try unplugging it to see if the alarm still self triggers, if it dont buy a new shock sensor from ebay for 10 bucks or whatever they sell for.

It sucks you didnt buy it retail so calling CS wont help to much I dont think.

Its the viper 5901

thats what im saying.... i bought it off someone here for a good deal... brand new...

Untitled-2.jpg

My Videos

AQ + AA/Fi FTMFW!!!!!

Where is the shock sensor mounted?

*edit*

Let me rephrase, where is the brain mounted? the shock sensor is integrated.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

well hitting lock twice should lock and arm, then bypass the shock sensor zone, so atleast you can keep your car armed and locked without the shock sensor falsing it....atleast temporarily

i think that unit has the integrated shock sensor in the brain...it may be calibrated wrong, or it may be defective...only way to find out is to try and recalibrate it or warantee it..

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

ok... today was different... it wasnt raining...

this morning i arrived at school locked it and it went off.... then i relocked it and went into class... fine all day

it usually will go off within the 1st 30 seconds of arming it.

after school it didnt do it once... worked fine all day.

EDIT: literally as i am typing this i am getting the warnings one after another.... if i re-arm it after the warning it will re warn me within 30 seconds... im thinking maybe because its mounted near the fire wall the pinging of the engine from driving is setting it off? i dont know... Im disappointed...

Untitled-2.jpg

My Videos

AQ + AA/Fi FTMFW!!!!!

Yep, and Ill keep an eye on this thread to answer any questions http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/dirol.gif

Have your battery checked. Mine was acting strange and doing stuff similar and had the system checked, had a bad battery in the car. Replaced the vehicle battery, worked great again.

The woofers might suck all the air out your lungs

(if you stand too close)

When the monster hums

Have your battery checked. Mine was acting strange and doing stuff similar and had the system checked, had a bad battery in the car. Replaced the vehicle battery, worked great again.

I have a kinetik hc1400 under the hood. cant be the problem. its not even a year old.

Untitled-2.jpg

My Videos

AQ + AA/Fi FTMFW!!!!!

Archived