Second Skin Audio

3 12's Downfiring

i would probably do subs and port facing the backseat

you dont think that would sound bad? i would think in a jeep you woulndt want the subs or the port firing at the bastseat.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

i thought down fire boxes looked cool... BUT after hearing a couple at the last comp. i say its a waste of money. they sounded like shit!

REST IN PARADISE BIG RICH (Sqmonte) never forgotten

Why do you guys ALWAYS dispute on NUMBERS?????

It's such a played out argument, so fucking annoying....

It's 12 fuckin 15's.... It's louder than you... Shut the fuck up...

/Rant

:)

I'm so jealous, it makes me want to club baby seals. That shit gets down HARD!

dont buy from knowledge he will scam you.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/30995-official-knowledge-feedback/

i thought down fire boxes looked cool... BUT after hearing a couple at the last comp. i say its a waste of money. they sounded like shit!

down firing is used in home audio, with a port firing up or out. The sub is supposed to be down firing onto a solid surface as to load the sound and bounce it off the floor.

In a car it just doesnt work that well IMO, down firing into carpet isnt nearly as efficient and muffles the sound.

Tell him not to buy a bandpass enclosure

that way when he does it will protect the cones as he heap stacks shit ;)

Pioneer 500UB

1 LVL4 15" 4.3cubes tuned to 35HZ

BXi1606D

1/0

Red top in back

JBL 5 1/4's front

Infinity Kappa 6 1/2's rear

145.7 Legal on music New Audio Control

i have a downfire box, 4 kicker comp 8's, port firing forward, sound great..amazing response, good clarity and its decently loud...definetly sq.

i agree tho, we heard 2 18"s and 4 15"s in downfire boxes...sounded like a midget in a microwave....not loud and sounded bad

Edited by loganberry

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

i have a downfire box, 4 kicker comp 8's, port firing forward, sound great..amazing response, good clarity and its decently loud...definetly sq.

i agree tho, we heard 2 18"s and 4 15"s in downfire boxes...sounded like a midget in a microwave....not loud and sounded bad

lol, haven't ever heard a midget in a microwave.... sounds traumatizing.

a bandpass may not be such a bad idea if hes going to throwing a lot of crap at his woofers

i talked him outta downfiring and i have James working on a box for him now. thanks for all the help though.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.