Celica Build Big Sub Little Car

Yeah, it didn't bottom out or anything. Not sure why it started making the sound. I'll find out after I pull it today free air it for a better listen. Amp works good though. lol Just 4 more hours...

good, im glad to hear the amp is working fine.

but at the same time...

im sorry to hear about that t2. good luck with the new cactus beast :spiteful:

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

Sorry for the wait guys. Got the ground zero and little Brutus in and everything works real good "knock on wood". I've been beating on it all weekend and its loud, really loud. I have got to get this on the meter. I'll take a video later once I recharge my batts, they're a little low and my powersupply is busy at the moment. Still some more work to do to make it pretty but its in and playing and I've waited too long just for that.

P1010548.jpg

P1010547.jpg

P1010546-1.jpg

P1010545-1.jpg

P1010592.jpg

P1010591.jpg

P1010590.jpg

Old volt meter housing was too big so I made one out of scrap hickory.

P1010576.jpg

Upped the mounting a little, old screws compared to new bolts.

P1010575.jpg

P1010589.jpg

P1010588.jpg

P1010581.jpg

P1010578.jpg

P1010577.jpg

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

finally!

we've been waiting 8 months for this!

things look great. i hope you get your other amp back soon, too

I won't be getting the Goliath as planned, me and Ed worked something out so it'll be the Cactus as the next to go in. Unfortunatly it'll have to wait until I get some more batts, and preferably a new car. I'm due for a new car anyway. I need a car that can accept a way bigger alt and room for the cactus, maybe some more trunk room as well.

BTW, the T2 is working perfect, with that extra power from your amp, the adapter plate for the mounting hole pulled the screws out of the MDF and broke off two. I removed the two bottom screws and the sub just fell. The horrible sound was the adapter plate smacking on the low notes. I'm liking this amp.

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

I looked for this build just to say, "Where the hell are the updates?" but looks like I was a little late

you said something about a hair trick or something?

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

I looked for this build just to say, "Where the hell are the updates?" but looks like I was a little late

you said something about a hair trick or something?

Yes sir, I have to take a video of it yet. Right now my power supply is bringing some optimas back from the dead so I can't charge my batts. Once my batts are charged and I don't have to hold RPMs at 2k, then I'll get some females over for a vid in the day light. It moves some air, but I'm losing a lot of pressure through my trunk lid, hinges can't hold it back.

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

• 1 month later...

any updates? this build was AMAZING

If Morgan Freeman narrated a story on how great AIDS is, I would be captivated and tempted to contract it myself. His voice just fills my soul with warm fuzzies and puppy tears.

He has NO idea and may have a touch of autism to be honest.

Is this guy real or is he joking? i actually mistook him for a lesbian in that demo video

Wanted to mess around with a box for the garage. Was thinking 4 6x9 in 4 cube at like 30 hz...

These are the things that make me lol

any updates? this build was AMAZING

I'll take a video tomorrow, its just so good to finally have everything together that I've just been enjoying it.

EDIT: Oh, and end of summer I'm tearing it all out. It will either be a new car or wall, possibly both. This WILL happen, haven't decided which route yet. We will see.

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

Archived