DC Sound Lab

Help With Lvl4 15's And A Us Amps De3000

Just got an old school us amps de3000 hooked up tonight.

Amp is currently running at 2ohm and is very kind to the charge system, even banging it for over an hour on and off it never dropped below 12, infact it stayed in the low 12's

Now i understand i can run this amp at .5 ohm for 3.5k, my question is

Will 2 lvl4's take 3.5k between them and will running at .5ohm draw silly current making volt drop unacceptable, i also wonder that would the extra power actually make any audiable difference?

do you have any back batteries? im wondering because with voltage drop down to low 12s at 2 ohms i wouldnt dare attempt .5 ohm.. thats just my opinion, get your electrical up, way up then i would still be cautious to attempt it then.

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

to be honest, going from like 1500 to 3500 watts is maybe 3db gain. and its going to triple demands on electrical and thermal capacities of the woofers. feel free to try it, but I would reccomend it for daily because of the heat issues with the amp, and the current issues with supplying near 400amps of current to a hungry amp

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

to be honest, going from like 1500 to 3500 watts is maybe 3db gain. and its going to triple demands on electrical and thermal capacities of the woofers. feel free to try it, but I would reccomend it for daily because of the heat issues with the amp, and the current issues with supplying near 400amps of current to a hungry amp

exactly

CURRENTLY UNDER RE-CONSTRUCTION

2008 Hyundai Sonata

Team T3 Audio

Team Deadly Hertz

Team SMD (Street Motivated Devastation)

Chariot.gif

much what i thought really

i have 5x hawker genesis 42ah batteries and a 120a alt

i want to get an uprated alternator but getting that in the UK is not easy, i am on it though and should be getting a 300a in the near future.

Either way its still damn loud even now :hairtrick:

Jasper -

you amps a 2 toroid one.

jamie lied to you about the power on the amp - 2.6k @ 1 OR 0.5 ohms MAX mate. Should have got the sundowns off me and not a 6 year old US one that is now 4th hand!

Matrix Audio. DC Audio - Sundown Audio UK Importers.

Direct ICE. DC Audio - Sundown Audio UK Approved Webstore.

DC Audio Subwoofers Website - Get Connected!

Sundown Audio Website - Hear Another World

DC Audio Forum - Believe the Hype!

Sundown Audio Forum - Power to be Proud of.

banner2.jpg

+44 07703 048599

[email protected]

Jasper -

you amps a 2 toroid one.

jamie lied to you about the power on the amp - 2.6k @ 1 OR 0.5 ohms MAX mate. Should have got the sundowns off me and not a 6 year old US one that is now 4th hand!

there seems to be varying specs about for this amp with most on ta seeming to agree 2700rms at 2ohm.

either way its significantly better than the 2 hifonics i had, significantly!

i,d love to buy 2 sundowns but there going to cost me a lot more than this did i would guess, i did ask for a price......

you also were the one iirc who stated that power and said they were solid amps......