DC Sound Lab

3x Lvl4 15's , How Much Can I Give Them?

going to put another lvl4 in the jeep.

they are all dual 2's

options for amps are

buy another us amps de3000 and run the 3 subs off that at 0.66 ohm- that would techincally be 7k on the 3 but i,ll assume they are over rated so maybe 5.5-6k on 3.

surely they cant take that can they?

or buy another 2 orion hcca2400's as i have one already and give each 1200rms but then i think they are over rated too.

or try and fit 4 in :01nocomment8so: but thats much easier said than done.

or alternate to that would 2 lvl5's be louder? as they would run nice off the 2 us amps at 1ohm each amp

i,m not sure what to do here because i already have this us amps de3000, of course i could sell it but i really like the sq from it tbh and i know they are solid amps.

i know i could run all 3 off a single amp which from my pocket and electrical systems point of view is easier. the amps meant to be 3.5k at 1ohm but opinion on output seems to differ.

off one amp it would be seeing 1.4 ohm so imo i just dont think one will cut it.

the other option is lvl5's but i dont think theres any in the uk or lvl4xl'x but again none here afaik.

may just have to stomach buying an amp which does a true 4k at 1.4 ohm but i can imagine they arent too common.

just get another d2 and run it at 1 ohm

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

just get another d2 and run it at 1 ohm

what do you mean mate (long day and i,m tired )

another d2 sub and run the single amp i have at 1ohm? not sure if that will be enough for 4 will it?

i also seriously doubt i,ve got the space for 4 though it may be able to be done

4_2ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif

if it does 3500 rms at 1 ohm, then you can push 850 rms to each sub give or take, thats saying it does a true 3500, and the rms of the subs are 1000 rms each so that fits it perfectly

Team DC Audio

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

should sound good either way.. vids plz once you get it done :)

Team DC Audio