A Budget Build Im Doing For A Friend Updated 5-25-09 Vid Up

i have been waiting to post this but i thought since im almost done with it ill post a little bit about it and show some pics. this is more of a upgrade than new install. my friend had 2 type e's with a box i made him that was ported and tuned @35hz it sounded good but he wanted more. he dont make alot of money so since he already had 2 type e's i told him get 2 more and new amp wiring etc. he was running a dual amp total POS with all 8gauge wire good old bestbuy install :01nocomment8so: well now i am upgrading all his power wire etc to 0awg and doing the BIG 3 for him. so he bought 2 more 12" alpine type e's and a Crunch GPV 2000.1 amp i tried to talk him into getting a Hifonics BXi 1210D instead but he didn't want to all the wiring is gonna be knuconceptz 0awg wire. the new box i built is 8cubes net with 111.00 square of port tuned to 30.82hz. oh and the truck this is going into is a 99 f-150 extra cab.

well heres some pics we are still waiting on the wire to get here and a line driver and my oscope.

100_1371.jpg

100_1420.jpg

100_1423.jpg

100_1426.jpg

100_1427.jpg

100_1431.jpg

yea i know 2 of the subs are older models but im trying to get my friend to buy 2 more new ones and sell off the old ones.

100_1447.jpg

i will post more pics/vids once i get more to post.

the blue kia spectra5 u see in the backround in the pics is mine i bought it in 2005 new and still rockin the stock system. a build for that car will come after this hot summer prob do some DC lvl4's or xl's. i got out of car audio when i moved to arizona back in 2004 from california. also another reason i got out of car audio for awhile is a got in to another expensive hobby saltwater reef fish tanks.

Edited by jdmbb95

clean box. hope it does what he is looking for.

thanks

oh forgot to add i did through some 4gauge power wire on it today just to power everything up and make sure we didnt receive a bad amp. took a little listen to it and it hit good was making the ac control knobs and shit fall off :spiteful: the system wasn't tuned yet waiting for my oscope and all the 0awg wire upgrade before we mess with it to much.

Edited by jdmbb95

the blue kia spectra5 u see in the backround in the pics is mine i bought it in 2005 new and still rockin the stock system. a build for that car will come after this hot summer prob do some DC lvl4's or xl's. i got out of car audio when i moved to arizona back in 2004 from california. also another reason i got out of car audio for awhile is a got in to another expensive hobby saltwater reef fish tanks.

pics of tanks? :)

1990 Jeep Cherokee 4X4

Pioneer DEH-P2900MP, Big 3 done in 1/0, 1 run 1/0 ran to amp

DAT HF1000.1 #007 powering a DC lvl4 15

DAT HR 4085 prototype powering 2 Selenium 6s and 2 no name tweeters running active

1st place in AS3 @ Surf City Sound Off, 140.8 @ 45hz @ the headrest.

rebuild coming soon to get a better score :)

"I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven of afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people who are afraid of the dark."

that looks exactly like my box used to!

you guys are the ones that stole my box and truck!

CIMG2276.jpg

CIMG2205.jpg

but take out the back part of the seat and put it on the hump gain alot of leg room.

Tibs 99 F-150 Build 8 twelves

8 - Re SE 12"s

2 - SunDown Audio Saz-3000d's

1 - vx4004 planet audio amp

big 3 1/0 gauge

MECHMAN 250 amp alt

MySpace