Sonic Electronix

I was wondering if I could fit a 6 cubic foot ported box into the trunk of my GA, either through the truck openning or I could also go through the seat openings as the seats fold down, I am asking cause right now I have 2 12 CVX's and I only have about 1.75 or so per sub which is smaller than kicker recommends and I would like to have 2.75-3Cubic foot per sub. So would I be able to get a box in there and be able to take it out if I had too?

I can get some opening measurements in a little bit. Thanks

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

id say get the measurments of the openings into your trunk, both the trunk opening and rear seats then find out how big the box will have to be and go from there. where thers a will theres a way lol if need be ya might be able to make 2 dif enclosures and bolt em together from the inside after they get into the trunk.

id say get the measurments of the openings into your trunk, both the trunk opening and rear seats then find out how big the box will have to be and go from there. where thers a will theres a way lol if need be ya might be able to make 2 dif enclosures and bolt em together from the inside after they get into the trunk.

Well I just did the measurements from the seat opening and im looking at about 16 and 1/2 inches high and 3 feet wide.

edit: I just figured out I can fit a box 23 inches deep as well and still have a good 5 inches from the back of the trunk and still get about 6.4 cubic feet minus the sub displacement and port displacement gets me pretty close.

So the outside dimensions will be 16.5,36,23 and that should get me pretty close to recommended enclosure size, now to figure out the ports.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

Well I just did the measurements from the seat opening and im looking at about 16 and 1/2 inches high and 3 feet wide.

edit: I just figured out I can fit a box 23 inches deep as well and still have a good 5 inches from the back of the trunk and still get about 6.4 cubic feet minus the sub displacement and port displacement gets me pretty close.

So the outside dimensions will be 16.5,36,23 and that should get me pretty close to recommended enclosure size, now to figure out the ports.

hmm well if you can do those and be cool with a deep box, 16.5"H X 26"W X 30"D that will give ya about 6cu before port and sub displacment. a lil messin with the numbers will help get the pots and what not too

oh i see ya have 36" wide and 23 deep ha im slow

hmm well if you can do those and be cool with a deep box, 16.5"H X 26"W X 30"D that will give ya about 6cu before port and sub displacment. a lil messin with the numbers will help get the pots and what not too

oh i see ya have 36" wide and 23 deep ha im slow

I was about to say lol

also I could go an extra inch or two if need be in the depth.

Damn I just realized each inch I add on depth I gain about 25-34% of a cubic foot

So right now with my current specs and using 3/4 mdf I am sitting at 6.4388 cubic feet, before sub and port displacement, and this is with the 16.5H X 36W X 23 D.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

i was able to fit 34w*16h*24d in my 03 grand am... but u need to go thru the cabin into the trunk

i have pictures of 2 boxes that fit in there if you want to see how close u can go

If its not too much trouble that would be nice.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Archived