over filling ur tank can ruin your charcoal canister and screw up the whole evap system but u would u have to fill it up alot to do that

now this I would like to know more about, because I'm getting a P1443 code right now, and there have been a couple of times I've managed to fill my tank to the cap by accident.

P1443 - Evaporative Emission System Control Valve, Low/No Flow

I fill my cars up to the Freakin gas cap. I haven't had a days trouble out of my cars. 07 GMC Acadia and a 96 Honda Civic with a Jdm Zc SOHC.

As I mentioned above, I have done this a couple of times, and now I have this error code.

usually I just add about $2 after the nozzle stops on it's own....... generally this isn't overfilling my tank, but there have been times, maybe i'm on an angle or something, that this extra $2 has filled it to the cap.

over filling ur tank can ruin your charcoal canister and screw up the whole evap system but u would u have to fill it up alot to do that

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If you feel it up to the nozzle, you dont leave room for the gas to expand when it gets warm, and instead of the charcoal canister dealing with fumes of the gas like it is supposed to, it gets flooded with the liquid gas and gets drenched in fuel, so it can not do its job properly, the canister is designed to deal with fuel vapors and hold them until they condense, then return them to the tank.

Edit: I detailed picture in one of my ASE books, of how it works, but my scanner is crapped out right now or I would post it to better illustrate how it works.

Edited by CaptainzPlanetz

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If you feel it up to the nozzle, you dont leave room for the gas to expand when it gets warm, and instead of the charcoal canister dealing with fumes of the gas like it is supposed to, it gets flooded with the liquid gas and gets drenched in fuel, so it can not do its job properly, the canister is designed to deal with fuel vapors and hold them until they condense, then return them to the tank.

Edit: I detailed picture in one of my ASE books, of how it works, but my scanner is crapped out right now or I would post it to better illustrate how it works.

x2 exactly!!

some dumb ass a couple years back borrowed my grandfather's boat and my grandfather told him specifically NOT to top it off. Well the dude didnt listen and the gas expanded, flooded out and fucked the decals all up.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

exactly what i was taught by my instructor.. its not that bad if you do it to round it off to the nearest cent..

Hustle hard, Stack paper,

It's alright, ya'll haters,

It's nothing, We major,

You see me, Hi Hater! =)

~ Manio