***sean 371's Tahoe Build Log***

I got a chance to actually run it today...

:blink:

haha its damn loud. Flex/vibration vids coming soon.

I really need to get on some new speakers! I can't hear a damn thing! Anyone have any component recommendations that'll sound good off 85 watts? I was gonna run some MB Quart discus series, but I want to get some feedback first.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

sorry i missed your post......its hard to keep up man. EXCELLENT JOB.......great box, great choice on the amp ;)

man all you guys on this forum are impressing the hell out of me with your skillz. Now all we gotta do is have a huge nationwide meet so we can all hear eachothers shit one day!!

keep up the great work bro!!!

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

sorry i missed your post......its hard to keep up man. EXCELLENT JOB.......great box, great choice on the amp ;)

man all you guys on this forum are impressing the hell out of me with your skillz. Now all we gotta do is have a huge nationwide meet so we can all hear eachothers shit one day!!

keep up the great work bro!!!

Thanks a lot! Means a lot to get some feedback from the man himself!

And you're doing your job reppin RF, I probably wouldn't be running one if it wasn't for this site.

Subwoofer Wall

Quick update...subs are on time, and will be delivered tomorrow. Progress soon! Both amps are hooked up, power/ground is all done, I just have to finish running new speaker wires.

well..hurry up. lol

love your work.

im still confused on them terminals, what do you put through the box. i know it aint a screw. i can find it all at my hardware store right?

Producer of The Infamous Titanic Bass Remix

DWestProductions.Com

well..hurry up. lol

love your work.

im still confused on them terminals, what do you put through the box. i know it aint a screw. i can find it all at my hardware store right?

No no, those kickers were the subs that got delivered.

And yea its just a bolt. Bolt head is on the inside of the box, then ring terminal, then washer, through the box, nut, ring terminal, nut. Shoulda put another washer on the other side of the wood though.

Subwoofer Wall

Got a quick vid up! Here's the thing, my electrical can't hold up to too much, so I tried slamming Hypnotize, no go, the amp cut out real quick so I couldn't even make a solid video out of it. I'll keep trying later on though, just so you can see some of the hidden potential. I say this just so you know it can get louder haha. There's a little flex though (it flexed a LOT more on better tracks) and you can see my voltmeter drop.

cursory product feedback:

amp: amazing. gains are right around half, maybe a lil less, bass boost is off, EQ bass boost is on though. Amp is amazingly powerful, and real sensitive too, it shuts down right quick when it's been sitting in my car all day and its real hot, or if the volts drop too much, which i like.

subs: so far, real nice. SQ at normal bass levels is pretty good actually, I'll try and get some better tracks to test SQ on, and maybe post some vids of that. They get stupid loud too. I'd tell you how the SQ is at high volumes, but everything rattles too much! speaking of which, Steve, did you sound deaden around the rear overhead console? (where rear passengers adjust A/C) I need to get that thing to quiet down a little...Kay, enough talking, here's the video..

Video:

Posted Image

Subwoofer Wall

sounds like that shit pounds great job man.

System Specs:

Alpine SWR-1542D 15" sub

Sealed Subwoofer Box

MTX mxa 6001 Class D 774watts RMS @ 2ohms

MTX Bass Knob

Pioneer 6.5's in doors

MTX Thunderdome 6x9 in rear

Stinger 1 Farad capacitor

80 amp stinger fuse

BIG 3 in 4 gauge wire

4 gauge power/ground wire

JVC MP3 CD Car Deck (KD-G320)

12 gauge Monster speaker wire to Sub

16 gauge Stinger speaker wire to doors

Stinger Gold Plated Battery Terminals

Finally was able to keep it runnin on hypnotize long enough for a vid. You can probably tell, the subs really aren't using too much excursion, and I'd love to try and turn the gains up a bit, but I at least need a second battery before I try that. A bit more flex though, and my lil buddy in the background at the end. You'll also hear the amp cut out right after i get in the car, because you hear him laughing, but then i was able to rev it a lil to get power back up...

Posted Image

Subwoofer Wall

Archived