Second Skin Audio

I would go with (2) 12's. I know they say you will hate it later on but what I hate is the fact that I have a box that takes up damn near all of my trunk and sounds half as good because I went to 15's. Right now I would much rather have something that fits my space and sacrifice a little boom, than to have no space but the quality has been reduced.

1990 Chevy Suburban (Big Booty Judy)

(4) Sundown Audio Zv5 18's

(1) Sundown Audio Salt 12K

(1) Sundown Audio SAX-100.4

(1) Sundown Audio SAE-50.4

(2) Crossfire ST-1 Tweeters

(2) Obsidian Audio ST-1 tweeters

(4) Sundown Audio Neo Pro v3 6.5's

Saving 2nd Bass

I would go with (2) 12's. I know they say you will hate it later on but what I hate is the fact that I have a box that takes up damn near all of my trunk and sounds half as good because I went to 15's. Right now I would much rather have something that fits my space and sacrifice a little boom, than to have no space but the quality has been reduced.

So you noticed worse sound quality with the 15s right?

So you noticed worse sound quality with the 15s right?

no i just have to choose between 2 fully loaded BTL's or 3 fully loaded BL's in 12"

99 s10 4.3L

Big 3

220amp alt

Odyssey 1500

Odyssey 2150

Northstar NSB 75

Sundown Audio 3500D

Sundown Audio 125.2

3 Sundown Audio SA-12's

Alpine H/U

RF Power Comp set 6.5"

RF 3 sixty line driver

5.25 cubes @ 31hz

You got to click slot port.

Here i got other dimensions with exposport's calculator.

Nr2.jpg

Nr1.jpg

YOu got to choose 2 12 inch BTL's because you can't get enough airspace for 3 12inch BL's.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

I would go with 2 12's. Done right they can be louder than you want to listen to for very long. I know mine are.

The faster or slower sub thing I think is a myth. I think box and sub parameters have more to do with sounding good with different music than anything.

Edited by alvitae

I would go with 2 12's. Done right they can be louder than you want to listen to for very long. I know mine are.

The faster or slower sub thing I think is a myth. I think box and sub parameters have more to do with sounding good with different music than anything.

yea i think the sound of having 3 12's sounds better but in reality the 2 btl's would be better as i figured 3 12's would be a tight squeeze. so no i have to figure out. right now i have a xxx firing up slot ported up. should i have the btls firing up also or firing forward and port up? after i get that figured out then ill have to find out how to port, same L shape port i have now, subs behind passenger side seat. port behind drivers seat? right now it push's most air. but i want to be more clean then spl. so i was thinking of tuning to 31-33 hz. and i appreciate the help guys, its hard to make decisions when you have options. even though mine are limited.

99 s10 4.3L

Big 3

220amp alt

Odyssey 1500

Odyssey 2150

Northstar NSB 75

Sundown Audio 3500D

Sundown Audio 125.2

3 Sundown Audio SA-12's

Alpine H/U

RF Power Comp set 6.5"

RF 3 sixty line driver

5.25 cubes @ 31hz

yea i think the sound of having 3 12's sounds better but in reality the 2 btl's would be better as i figured 3 12's would be a tight squeeze. so no i have to figure out. right now i have a xxx firing up slot ported up. should i have the btls firing up also or firing forward and port up? after i get that figured out then ill have to find out how to port, same L shape port i have now, subs behind passenger side seat. port behind drivers seat? right now it push's most air. but i want to be more clean then spl. so i was thinking of tuning to 31-33 hz. and i appreciate the help guys, its hard to make decisions when you have options. even though mine are limited.

also how much sq inches of port should i have for 2 12 btls?

99 s10 4.3L

Big 3

220amp alt

Odyssey 1500

Odyssey 2150

Northstar NSB 75

Sundown Audio 3500D

Sundown Audio 125.2

3 Sundown Audio SA-12's

Alpine H/U

RF Power Comp set 6.5"

RF 3 sixty line driver