Sundown Audio

Amp Issue/question

Sony makes two amps like mine that cost the same. One is a mono that will do 600wrms@2ohms and the other is a 2 channel that isn't 2 ohm stable. They cost the exact same and when I got mine I knew nothing about it and the guy at circuit city told me it was right for my application...idiot. I have a protection plan on the amp and I was hoping it would blow so I could get the different one. That amp is a tank, no matter how hard I am on it it keeps going. Anyways, I wanted to ask the experts is there any way to intentionally blow or break an amp to take back saying it blew or something? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I know this is stupid but right now my sub is getting around 250rms @ 8 ohms which is not nearly enough bass.

Edited by 07mazda3s

Power Acoustik fubar 12

sony xploding amp

2 ft^3 box @ 35hz

put a dime in, instead of the fuses for now so the fuses wont blow right away for starters, then I dk what you could do to toast the amp, try a 2 ohm load and every time it over heats turn your car off and back on or something, I'm no expert on how to blow up an amp but thats the way I would try to do it.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

I know this is a rediculously stupid question but its the only way to get a better free amplifier. There has got to be some way to blow it without fucking it up at all. This amp has roasted like 10 subs now and keeps on ticking. I really really want the mono block, I just have to break the one I have.

Power Acoustik fubar 12

sony xploding amp

2 ft^3 box @ 35hz

put a dime in, instead of the fuses for now so the fuses wont blow right away for starters, then I dk what you could do to toast the amp, try a 2 ohm load and every time it over heats turn your car off and back on or something, I'm no expert on how to blow up an amp but thats the way I would try to do it.

Also it claims not to be 2 ohm stable so if I run a 2 ohm load will that blow it?

Power Acoustik fubar 12

sony xploding amp

2 ft^3 box @ 35hz

Yeah, bridge it at 2 ohms and play hard bass like a test tone or somethin until it blows.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

IDK maybe reverse the power connections or short out the speaker outputs with a piece of wire. Either of these options would require you to take out the fuse and replace it with some kind of metal so that the internal components get overloaded. A sure "fire" way would be to plug it into your home wall outlet with a cutoff power cord, it'll smoke in no time!

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

What type of coil is your sub? DVC 2 ohm? 4 ohm? or SVC.

ITs a dvc 4 ohm each sub. I rewired it to 2 ohms and daayum that shit slams. I only blared it for like 10 minutes and when I checked the amp it was about 2000 degrees. Pretty much I just want to blow it any way possible but make it look like it just happened while it was playng. Any ideas? I feel like I'm going to break something if I keep it wired at 2 ohms.

Power Acoustik fubar 12

sony xploding amp

2 ft^3 box @ 35hz