Windows 7 Public Rc1 Test

Meh VIsta > Win 7 at the moment.

Until it's released and PunkBuster wants to fucking work on Windows 7.

Yes as i play CoD4 and CoD World at War online
some of my shit doesnt work on win 7 also so im going back to vista soon

Im just gonna play CoD4 on 360, cause it sucked on my laptop, but any of the CS:S games and mods run just fine for me.

Only other thing Im having a problem with is WMP 12 sometimes doesnt work right and my audio cut out one day, Restart fixed that audio issue. Im definately upgrading when it comes out. Newegg OEM Disk? Yes.

CABCopyright.png

88-98 GM Full Size Forum www.GMT400.com

i put fuses on power wires, and condoms on fuses, to keep the fuses safe!

• 4 weeks later...

I have not run into any computability issues yet. On beta I had a sound card issue that was addressed with a driver update. I play a lot of games on Win 7 RC1 and the only one with an issue is SimCity 4 crashing on occasion.

The woofers might suck all the air out your lungs

(if you stand too close)

When the monster hums

i liked it too but yes i have too many peripherals (new stuff probably no problem) i had to take out half my shit just to get it to work and i did like it but the problem is in the fine print you will not beable to upgrade to the full release only a clean install not a big deal but wtf and from what i read 7 will be dropped in august and your keys will be invalid ????? just what i read but we know MS and nothing stays the same ...................how many people think MS is scared of steve jobs rolling out a fully stable legal release of osX86 version of OSx :clapping:

BIG PYMPIN IS BIG PYMPIN IS BIG PYMPIN

I'm running build 7127 on an Aspire One netbook without any problems at all. Gonna upgrade to a newer release soon though.

And it doesn't start to shut down until March 2010, IIRC. Might be June though

Team Pinnacle / Team SouthEastSPL / Team SoundStream / Team GPI / GPI Sales Rep for Florida and Georgia

I'm running build 7127 on an Aspire One netbook without any problems at all. Gonna upgrade to a newer release soon though.

And it doesn't start to shut down until March 2010, IIRC. Might be June though

Yup, I believe it was March/Apr time when it will start to remind you that you need to upgrade, then In may/june, you will only be able to use the OS for 2 hours at a time, for 2 weeks, then poooof, need to upgrade. I think 1 years worth of time is plenty to play on an OS that is great.

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

• 4 weeks later...
so far win 7 is awesome I love it.

Ive only had occasional lockups, when I hibernate i have a mouse i sometimes leave in until its shut off, then pull it and it randomly has a fit over that, or if I dont have it in when it hibernates and plug it in before I start it back up it will lock up. But thats due to me doing that. Ive had no other problems with it so far and Ill upgrade unless by some miracle they release OSX to non apple hardware... I doubt that will happen...

CABCopyright.png

88-98 GM Full Size Forum www.GMT400.com

i put fuses on power wires, and condoms on fuses, to keep the fuses safe!