Second Skin Audio

Anyone Ever Put Subs In The Rear Deck?

Built a new rear deck out of 3/4 mdf for four 10's, single 5x7 in the middle run mono for rear fill, 6.5's in the kicks and another 5x7 for center channel, all mids and highs are Infinity, amps are PPI, Alpine head unit.

DSCF0012.jpg

DSCF0013.jpg

I have a grill that covers it all, but seldom keep it on. Not a daily driver, so it is usually locked up in my shop if I am not at a show or cruise in.

so did you just replace the metal with mdf?

I had 2 15's in the rear deck of my old Galaxie. ;)

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

My rear deck had four square holes in it, then the 5x7 cutout in the center. The holes are about 8x8 or so, by the time I added the 3/4 inch mdf and top mounted the subs, there was just enough room to clear the basket. I will try to take pictures of the trunk sometime, but basically you don't even see them unless you get down level with it and look for them. I used a pair of twelves mounted IB behind the rear seat before this, and really prefer this. I still need to take the twelves out and build a new panel without cutouts behind the rear seat.

I had 2 15's in the rear deck of my old Galaxie. ;)

man king your COOL :give_rose:

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

some Asian kid had 2 hcca 12.2 mounted up that way in a bmw. It was on youtube but i can't find it to link it. looked pretty tight though... never know how it would sound damn cameras are deceptive lol

Looking for a CRX to get back in the game.

And a gas tank for my 01 r6. Hit the PM