Looking for some mods to increase the performance of my 5.0 Chevy 305. The motor has 62,000 original miles on it it blew a head gasket last year so we bought a gasket kit and re did the whole motor.so far the only things not stock is the Accel super coil, flow master 80 series exhaust with a hollowed out converter and a edelbrock performer rpm intake. what other mods do you think i should get. I am looking for low end power because i never get it wide open in town anyways.

SANY6577.jpg

SANY6579.jpg

IMGP8111.jpg

IMGP8108.jpg

Edited by blackandgoldl69

if thats a z28h.o. then you pretty much got the most performance that your going to get out of a 305. i had an 84 zr8 ho myself. the stock cam and heads are corvette spec but for a 305 instead of a 350. my 84 would smoke my iroc in a heartbeat

2000 gmc yukon

4 sundown Zv3 15's

4 dd m2a's

kenwood kdc-x994

2 batcap 4000's 1 batcap 2000

dual alts.

154@37hz and climbing

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3231683

http://www.myspace.com/torque150

TeamDeadlyHertz-loburbon.png

I'll admit I don't know almost anything about chevy engines but I'm guessing like the 5.0 mustang engines the heads are the most restrictive part of the engine so id start there. and since youll already be in there go with a full hci/heads cam intake and u already have the intake covered. what tranney do you have? I know your looking for low end but if you get a shift kit and a moderate stall converter if its a daily driver if its a auto then you might not need to tear into the engine and it might be cheeper. and on either auto or manual I'm sure some rear gears would help but really all I know is mustangs. check around and join some chevy forums theres thousands of sites and people who have different set ups you can check out and ask them how they did it how much and if they ran into any problems. at least thats how I've found information on my mustangs

just noticed that you've already done some exhaust and on most cars if you do exhaust without too many other mods you'll lose low end torque. I know it probably sounds great but that if you noticed after you put that on that you lost some low end it would make sense. same thing happened to me in my 89 gt. I put an off road h pipe on and some flows and lost a lot of low end but gained high end

Edited by pk222