Sonic Electronix

Raamat ------------> http://www.raamaudio.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi

You get a shit ton of mat for a great price, prolly enough for your entire cavalier, maybe even leaving u with more :blink:

Edited by obcaraudio

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
1st Setup: 145.8 DB Outlaw @37 HZ On Music Out Of Trunk
2nd Setup: 147.8 DB @42 HZ On Music Out The Trunk
Current Trunk Build:
153.8 DB Outlaw @ 49 HZ Out the trunk (150.8 DB Sealed)
Team gg.

I can tell you first hand that the E dead isn't the greatest stuff ever. If works for deadening to stop rattles and vibrations, but if your using it to help increase spl it doesn't work all that great. If your not concerned about spl at all and just want to deaden your ride then by all means the E dead will work well for you.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

expandable foam works well...not sure for spl but i would guess it does pretty well for it

98 Jeep Wrangler

33x13.50 super swamper LTB's

Memphis M3 15"

Memphis MCD1000

Optima yellowtop D34/78

Bass Race 129.9

(LBZ Duramax in the future)

expandable foam works well...not sure for spl but i would guess it does pretty well for it

Thanks for the reccomendations for Second Skin guys!

I appreaciate your confidence.

There are a lot of good dampers out there.

A few have already been listed

Raammat is good, the newer edead products are supposed to be a bit improved fromthe previous 3 or 4 versions. They seem to have a decent following of loyal customers.

I think Hushmat is a sponsor of SMD and they have a killer product. Same goes for Cascade.

Just be sure to stay away from roofing tape like peel and seal. There are a lot of companies out there that are selling P&S as a sound damper. Just renaming it. A good way to tell is the price. anything that is priced around $1 - $1.50 psf is most likely asphalt with a thin foil. Too thin to actually constrain the adhesive layer which is what the thick foil on a real damper is designed to do. Butyl based dampers with thicker foil usually cost over $1.50 psf to produce. Hence the higher price.

Our Damplifier Lite just came out yesterday. Great product too. I don't want to hog this thread, so I wil just put it out there; if anyone has any question about Second Skin or sound deadening in general, feel free to email me at [email protected] or you can call my cell 623-533-8193.

I am always happy to help regardless of which produc you use.

ANT

www.damplifier.com

secondskin_468x60.gif