IH8PunkRok Posted June 26, 2009 Report Posted June 26, 2009 omg dude that last picture is amazing haha i cant stop looking at it awesome subs -Matt2005 Dodge Magnum RTJVC KD-AVX1 2 PPI S580.2 Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters PRV 8MB450s Audio Legion 3500.1D 2 RE MT 18s 360 ah LiFePO4 BatterySHCA 2/0 155.2 @ 29 hzKicker CVR 15's buildDD 3512e buildMini T-Line Build(6) 8s BuildNightshade 15s Wall BuildMagnum AB XFL 12s BuildNewest Magnum Build
EricR Posted June 26, 2009 Report Posted June 26, 2009 wow. whats the rms on those..and what kinda amp is that. i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?
swervinburban Posted June 26, 2009 Author Report Posted June 26, 2009 wow. whats the rms on those..and what kinda amp is that. To be completly honest I don't know whats the rms on them they never came with any specs. An I'm always at the shop and never asked usually just BSing I do know that they can take some power thou, and the amps are Lunar amps their 500 watts rms at 1ohm I'll be running them at .5 so maybe a lil more than 500. a guy in my home town named kenny builds them he worked for RF for the longest back in the day and been building his own amps since then after that. I think alot of people will be suprised how well the 8 lunars push the 95z's thou. Under construction soon to be: 2 DD Z9518's 8 lunar L1500's (500rms each) Secondskin Dampner pro 250a Mechman rhino alt 4 runs of 2/0 (installed) 4 batteries (installed) 6-5 1/4's, 2-6 1/2's, 2-4in all ma audio (installed)
RamenNoodles Posted June 26, 2009 Report Posted June 26, 2009 So you are running those little tiny amps on your z's? Diablo Audio Technologies Fi Car Audio Ascendant Audio
swervinburban Posted June 27, 2009 Author Report Posted June 27, 2009 So you are running those little tiny amps on your z's? yup but the funny thing is you say tiny but I have them in the large cases the exact same amp comes in an even smaller case like 2 or 3 inches narrower LOL. You will be suprised at the output of them thou I wasn't a believer either at first tell I heard them for myself. Each amp draws almost 100 amps of current at .5 ohm so don't under estimate them because of there size. Under construction soon to be: 2 DD Z9518's 8 lunar L1500's (500rms each) Secondskin Dampner pro 250a Mechman rhino alt 4 runs of 2/0 (installed) 4 batteries (installed) 6-5 1/4's, 2-6 1/2's, 2-4in all ma audio (installed)
Decaf Posted June 27, 2009 Report Posted June 27, 2009 so with that current draw said ur guessing 3500-4000w to each z? any plans to get 1 or 2 big amps instead of the 8
swervinburban Posted June 28, 2009 Author Report Posted June 28, 2009 so with that current draw said ur guessing 3500-4000w to each z? any plans to get 1 or 2 big amps instead of the 8 im leaning more toward 3500 per sub!! running them at .5 ohm voids my warrenty but they really come alive at .5 LOL!! Talked to owner and he said they will be fine at .5 he just doesn't recommend it to regular customers because most people dont have the knowlege or electrical system to back them up at .5. And depending on how they do agest the z's I may or may not keep them. Under construction soon to be: 2 DD Z9518's 8 lunar L1500's (500rms each) Secondskin Dampner pro 250a Mechman rhino alt 4 runs of 2/0 (installed) 4 batteries (installed) 6-5 1/4's, 2-6 1/2's, 2-4in all ma audio (installed)
sixgen Posted June 28, 2009 Report Posted June 28, 2009 Looks like an interesting project! keep us posted!!! wanted to learn more bout your amp & found this on another forum Lunar amplifiers are hand-built by the same engineer that designed the famous 'old school' Rockford Fosgate amplifiers of the 80's and early 90's, such as the Punch 150, etc.if that's the case then i guess they should be good amps http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/hairtrick.gif
knowledge Posted June 28, 2009 Report Posted June 28, 2009 sick ass sub bro! REFF'SMy linkEBAYhttp://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=trueI love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.