Quick Question About Aftermarket Actuators

its a real simple kit. Commando makes it....just the two actuator kit with a central control module. all I see is 4 wires that actually have to be ran to the car, (+12v, ground, remote control, and alarm) the only thing I dont get is the alarm wire. Im gonna be tying these into my 791xv, and I know theres a positive or negative door unlock/lock wires. So would the alarm wire from the actuators be ran to the positive door lock or negative door lock wire of the alarm?

Edited by mbdblue

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

I've got the same alarm.

Explain a little more what exactly you are doing? You're saying the actuators for the lock and unlock arm? You have the install manual right? I need to check the manual, but Im pretty sure the door trigger is a - pulse.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

I've got the same alarm.

Explain a little more what exactly you are doing? You're saying the actuators for the lock and unlock arm? You have the install manual right? I need to check the manual, but Im pretty sure the door trigger is a - pulse.

haha i almost confused myself with that description....it is a negative pulse but thats for stock wiring...

basically I want to hook up the 791 to work with the actuators....but I dont know which pulse to run it to because the cars stock wiring (if the car had auto door locks already) would be a negative pulse...I dont know if the alarm wire coming from the actuators should go to the neg. or pos. wire from the alarm.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

haha i almost confused myself with that description....it is a negative pulse but thats for stock wiring...

basically I want to hook up the 791 to work with the actuators....but I dont know which pulse to run it to because the cars stock wiring (if the car had auto door locks already) would be a negative pulse...I dont know if the alarm wire coming from the actuators should go to the neg. or pos. wire from the alarm.

negative for the 690xv and 791xv i have the 690xv

2m26gzm.png

1996 Camaro RS

Rockford Fosgate BD1000.1

Rockford Fosgate 400a4 Old Skool

2x 12" TSW3001-D4 Pioneer Subs

Pioneer deh-p980bt

Yellow Top Primary Battery

1.5 Diesel Audio Cap<Its just there to impress the females with shiny things ;)

Kinetik HC800

depends on the action of the modual hook it up and see if you can touch the alarm wire to ground and get it to unlock the doors touch agin and it locks the doors if this is the case then you have to diode isolate the alrm wires from eachother and tie them both to the one wire or u can use relays to really isolate them from eachother but withought knowing the model no. from the module i duno

BIG PYMPIN IS BIG PYMPIN IS BIG PYMPIN

aight I really need help with this....all the wires are hooked up....and all over the place cuz theres no reason to tuck everything and then find out shit like this happened.....so I wired everything....remote starts fine, shock sensors fine, unlock is fine, wont lock....it wont lock, because the lock wire isnt hooked up....lock wire isnt hooked up cuz theres nothing to hook it up to. the goddamn Commando actuator module only has 2 wires left, "alarm" and "remote control"....no idea wtf you would do with a single remote control wire, but the blue wire (unlock) from my viper is hooked up to the alarm wire to the actuators....wtf? how can they have 1 wire for alarm? im really stuck with this....and its great how the actuators didnt come with a instruct book.....just a bullshit diagram on the side....

so I figured out that since its the blue wire of the viper, its a negative pulse....unfotunately, this doesnt solve the problem of why there isnt another wire for me to hook up so I have a negative unlock and negative lock pulse.....

sorry for the multiple posts....problem resolved......wish commando would put "lock output" instead of "remote control" on it....