Mb quart 4x6 front stage

MB quart 3way 6x9

0/1 ga. Rockford wire

The Big 3. 0/1 ga.

Rockford t1000bd broke

RE SE 2ohm DVC 15"

4 cu ft ported enclosure

upgraded alternator and properly charged battery(s), 1/0, big III in 1/0

using a dmm to set voltage... very tight connections with lots of surface area of contact

i dont see anything in ur sig regarding accessory battery/alt... and if u had a dmm you could test the voltage drop when the bass hits, well... when u have a new sub... that will tell you more whats going on

Edited by decafcappucino

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

upgraded alternator and properly charged battery(s), 1/0, big III in 1/0

using a dmm to set voltage... very tight connections with lots of surface area of contact

i dont see anything in ur sig regarding accessory battery/alt... and if u had a dmm you could test the voltage drop when the bass hits, well... when u have a new sub... that will tell you more whats going on

ok well i know what i have to do and buy have you ever used a batcap or just do the alt and battery?

Kenwood KDC-X792 Mb quart 4x6

Mb quart 4x6 front stage

MB quart 3way 6x9

0/1 ga. Rockford wire

The Big 3. 0/1 ga.

Rockford t1000bd broke

RE SE 2ohm DVC 15"

4 cu ft ported enclosure

you can clip a sub all day long as long as the mechanical/thermal limits arent exceeded...

Try a smaller amp or a bigger sub next time. Set your gains correctly and i dont see this problem happening again anytime soon

True, but remember that a sub's thermal limit when playing a squared off wave is going to be a lot lower than when it's playing a nicer shaped one due to the DC component of the wave.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

ok well i know what i have to do and buy have you ever used a batcap or just do the alt and battery?

batcaps have their place... in a spl lane imo

a batcap is a fast recharging/dischargin battery fyi

a nice powermaster deep cell and mechman alt would help ALOT/is necessary << ;)

Edited by decafcappucino

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

have greg recone the 15 to a 12 and buy a second se 12. 2 will be alot closer to the power that amp can output ... a blown sub isnt going to help you any (ill take it for free) so might as well recone it and use it

Edited by emperorjj1

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

you can clip a sub all day long as long as the mechanical/thermal limits arent exceeded...

Try a smaller amp or a bigger sub next time. Set your gains correctly and i dont see this problem happening again anytime soon

is this true?

because i know you can blow a sub even if its way under powered if its clipped enough. or am i wrong?

ill cut out yo eyelids and give ya nothin but sleeping pills...