1982 Oldsmobile Cutlass Restoration. Final Build.

So the competing days are over this car. The hole purpose of this car was to be restored, its just the only one I had at the time. It was my grandmothers that she gave me when she went into the nursing home...and in her memory I will be restoring it just like it would come in 1982.

Everything will be stock. Paint will be original color, I have all replacement emblems, vinyl top will be re-done soon, interior will remain the same color as it was.

The only thing different will be that the interior plastic panels will be wrapped in matching material to the seats and carpet, updated audio (of course lol), the door panels will be sanded smooth and painted to match the upper door panel, and possibly an engine swap in the future.

So here we begin with the panels. I'll be working on all four for the next couple of weeks, along with the rear deck to house 2 4x10's, and repairing the air conditioning routing behind the dash (just blows out the floor right now). I got quoted on paint today for me to paint the car. I'll be doing that in about 3 weeks or so when I accumulate the money..for a gallon of base, a gallon of clear, 2 quarts of primer, and all the tape and masking paper I need it will be about 390 for everything.

In my earlier builds I wrapped the bottom half of the door to make it two tone, black and gray. The original plastic was horrible, after 25 years the top textured finish to the door panel just scratched off with your finger nail.

Starting out I ripped off the suede, and broke out the dual tweeter pods in the front of the door and started going at it. Plastic really sucks to sand when you are trying to take off material...to rough and it melts =/ so 100 grit on medium speed was the way too go...

This is what I have to work with...

060209_180200.jpg

The busted out tweeter pods

060209_180300.jpg

New sander =] Burnt up my cordless

060209_180400.jpg

And after an hour and 3 sanding discs this was where I left it for the day =[

060209_185500.jpg

060209_185501.jpg

I'll start on the rear deck tomorrow...my fiberglass bone is starting to itch now that it is nice and warm outside =]

Rear deck started today.

4x10 rings

060409_183400.jpg

Layout

060409_183500.jpg

In the car

060409_183900.jpg

Glassing the recessed outside for support

060409_190900.jpg

So...on to the next question, tilted or flat on the speaker rings?

My first thought was to tilt them forward a little bit...but now I'm leaning towards laying them flat and then just glassing the hole piece to where the speakers are just raised. What you guys think?

Oh ya, 36 2" chip brushes at harbor freight tools for like 9 dollars.

wait, Im confuzled

since when did1 982 olds cutlas's come with 4 4x10s?

yeah restored you are not going to have any aftermarket stuff at all

Doesn't come with 4 of them, old rear deck had 4. This will have the stock 2.

And yes everything will be stock EXCEPT the audio..GM factory 4x10's and 3.5s? Ummm no.

I just picked up the 12 plastic interior panels from the junkyard from an 84 buick regal for 40 bucks. Same color and all and in mint condition pretty much.

I need to find a set of oldsmobile hubcaps...one of mine is ripped open from some curb rash.

I also scratched the fiberglass idea...I would rather have the stock look too it so that 3/4 inch MDF rear deck will be rounded over and wrapped in matching material too the dash.

I remember these cars. My first car was a 1985 Cutlass. I had it for an hour and I put a punch 18 in the trunk then it eventually ended up with a wall with 8-15"s before a lady ran a red light and totalled it. I miss that car.

HU: Pioneer

Highs: 2X 4X6"s, 2X 3.5"s, 4X 5.25" comps, Q-Logic kicks, and a Sundown SAX-125.2

Subs: 4 Nightshade 15s and Strapped SAZ-3500Ds <---Sundown FTW good.gif

Electrical: dual DC Power 320s (ordered) and 2 D3400s up frt and 4 D2700s in the back

.ʇı ɥʇıʍ ʞɔnɟ ʇ,uɐɔ noʎ 'ʞɔıp ǝɹos ɐ ǝʞı1 sı uʍopunS

26d2fe1a.jpg0969b13f.jpg343030b8.jpg

Mine was an 85 Brougham w/T-Tops.....Fully loaded from the showroom floor but lifted by the next week.

Tossed the rear 4X10's for some 12in Strokes.....

scan0003.jpg

:8)

Thats nice as hell bro. I just found a set of 4 hubcaps on ebay that are the same as the ones on the car now =] one more thing off the list.

true wire wheels

Edited by 99vic

REST IN PARADISE BIG RICH (Sqmonte) never forgotten

Why do you guys ALWAYS dispute on NUMBERS?????

It's such a played out argument, so fucking annoying....

It's 12 fuckin 15's.... It's louder than you... Shut the fuck up...

/Rant

:)

I'm so jealous, it makes me want to club baby seals. That shit gets down HARD!

dont buy from knowledge he will scam you.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/30995-official-knowledge-feedback/