so i am going to wire my p1000bd to my car. it accepts up to 4 gauge wire. i am going to wire the front battery to a fuse holder before the amp with 0 gauge. after the fuse holder, i am going to connect 4 gauge into the amp. my question is should i just ground my amp with 4 gauge? or do i need like a fuse block that will go from 4 gauge to 0 gauge and then ground it? thanks

Team Bass-Hz

I would just run 1/0 guage all the way back to a distro block or battery (idk what you have) and from there run 4 guage. The 1/0 will let more POWA back. And for the ground, if you could ground it with 1/0 guage and run that to a distro block (or batt) and from there run 4 guage. Hope that helps

Guest KyleCannon

I would do what the person above said... that wire is too big for the RF connectors... use the 0g to the back then to a dist block to 4 gauge then 4 gauge ground to chassis

Use the 0, just cut out some strands to make it fit =D

Which will still make it a 4 guage^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If 4 is all it accepts that means that 4 guage is all you need, if you run 0guage to the back and then go from a dist. block to 4 guage your amp is still only gonna recieve the current that the 4 guage can supply, take a waterline for instance you have a pipe that is 5 inches in diameter right before it gets to your sink it shrinks to a 1 inch diameter pipe, now are you gonna get the amount of flow that the 5 inch pipe had out of your sink no your not. But 0 guage never hurts, with the dist. block you can power another few amps off of it, same with the grounds, plus if you upgrade to a larger amp you will still have the 0 guage there to work with.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Use the 0, just cut out some strands to make it fit =D

just do this

1/0 has less resistance... cut to fit in.. then u can upgrade later without changing anything...

so do u have a rear bat at all? or just distroblock

Which will still make it a 4 guage^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If 4 is all it accepts that means that 4 guage is all you need, if you run 0guage to the back and then go from a dist. block to 4 guage your amp is still only gonna recieve the current that the 4 guage can supply, take a waterline for instance you have a pipe that is 5 inches in diameter right before it gets to your sink it shrinks to a 1 inch diameter pipe, now are you gonna get the amount of flow that the 5 inch pipe had out of your sink no your not.

^^ thats not true all the way... then whenever you use ring terminals ud be loosing alot... current has alot to do with length.... a 1" run of 4g wire can carry a shit ton more than 140a... a 20ft run of 4g tho would not carry it as well

Edited by decafcappucino

TeamSundown-sig.jpg