I was out at one of my friends house while she was home alone and after a while we started talking and she told me her dad has an older truck he wants to sell. So i asked to see it because i have been looking for a '40's truck to restore. We went out to the barn and i looked at it some, need alot of work but i want a project that will take a while to finish. I talked to her dad and he told me $2000 for the truck and 2 engines, chevy 216^3" and chevy 235^3". Just wanting some opinions if its a good buy or a waste. I'm just going to sell the engines or scrap them, if i get the truck im going to put a cummins 5.9L engine in it because i have one in our barn with tranny and all, or a 454 i can get pretty cheap.

Pics of the truck, but dont have any of either engine.

IMAGE_00065.jpg

IMAGE_00072.jpg

IMAGE_00071.jpg

IMAGE_00070.jpg

IMAGE_00069.jpg

IMAGE_00068.jpg

IMAGE_00067.jpg

IMAGE_00066.jpg

BRENT

1997 GMC Yukon
1-DC xl18"
Stetsom 2K5E
3-Kinetik HC1800's

1967 Pontiac GTO

Unless you are in love with it, I would pass.

My dad and I rebuilt my 74 chevy 4x4 and it is lots of work. That seems pricey for something that needs that much work. Plus- parts are gonna' be $$$$$$

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

I'd agree, not worth 2k

Car

1996 Sable LS

8,000K Bi-Xenon HID's

Pioneer Premier DEX-P1R

Diamond Audio D351, Diamond Audio D362i, Diamond D3TAK off Kicker ZX200.4

Custom 15" 13w7 motor, 3.5" aluminum coils dual 1 ohm off NV-AM25001

Dynamat Dynaliner Second Skin Damplifier Pro

Stock 130A Alternator

My Build

Truck

1995 Ford F-150 Flareside XLT

10,000K Bi-Xenon HID's, 15,000K Bi-Xenon HID's

Kicker KS6502, KS400 off Pioneer Premier PRS-D4100F

Truck Build

Ref(s) Rogers, Jared, Mikesmith0890, Twigz, DHFHades, BASS14, Solo_X18, mrafrica, camino_1to3, kickerassman

[speakerman9000] 5:43 pm: if sony sucks so bad how come my amps still work when i had 3 12s on it

[capalass23] 11:27 pm: wow u grand man poopin out babys like hto cakes

[KevinniveK] can u have sex later please hes helping me

I'd agree, not worth 2k

x2 mabe a few hundo, not to be disrespectful to the guy.dont wanna go broke just buyin the truck, just my .02. would cost alot of time/ cash to get the body right by itself

ehh, its all up to you if it is worth it or not. All im gonna say is a truck that old, whether in poor shape or not is going to cost a bit.

Put into consideration a 1st gen camaro, lets say a 1968, trashed body, in need of a complete restore can cost you anywhere from 3-7k and people buy these all day long withou thinking twice.

I'd hit that so fucking hard whoever pulled me out would be King of England.

Lol... looks like we were on the same page. Car-B-Ques suck.

ya, tires and paint burning make the marshmallows taste funny.

ehh, its all up to you if it is worth it or not. All im gonna say is a truck that old, whether in poor shape or not is going to cost a bit.

Put into consideration a 1st gen camaro, lets say a 1968, trashed body, in need of a complete restore can cost you anywhere from 3-7k and people buy these all day long withou thinking twice.

That's true- my dad found a 67 camaro the other day that is supposed to be a SS. It is a HULL more or less. Parts all over the place and needs new floors, quarters, no motor or trans, etc.... and the guy wants that magic number as well.... $2,000

I still say eh... mostly no. You know you can get a running Astro or a Neon for like $600?! The rest for the boom boom... but is all in what you want to do-

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

i agree with Colin.. small car - lots of speakers > the truck :) but ultimately its your decision bro !

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones