Being an owner of a few 40's vehicles I can tell you that is too much for that truck in its current condition...although the body looks all intact, there seems to be alot of rot and thats what'll cost you the money to fix. Most of the parts for these cars/trucks are still available at most swap meets (atleast here in Cali they are) I just spent 6 hours on Saturday and found the grill guard and fog lit I had been looking for....

If your just looking for something to put a ratrod motor in and run it, I would suggest something in better shape....I've spent years/days/hours looking for parts and even when you think you have it all, there's one more accesory that you'll see somewhere and have to have it...With old cars its a never ending thing.

A few hours of walking at a swap meet > Ebay's high prices...... :8)

Being an owner of a few 40's vehicles I can tell you that is too much for that truck in its current condition...although the body looks all intact, there seems to be alot of rot and thats what'll cost you the money to fix. Most of the parts for these cars/trucks are still available at most swap meets (atleast here in Cali they are) I just spent 6 hours on Saturday and found the grill guard and fog lit I had been looking for....

If your just looking for something to put a ratrod motor in and run it, I would suggest something in better shape....I've spent years/days/hours looking for parts and even when you think you have it all, there's one more accesory that you'll see somewhere and have to have it...With old cars its a never ending thing.

A few hours of walking at a swap meet > Ebay's high prices...... :8)

What do you think would be a reasonable price for it? I talked to a guy that goes to car auctions and he said he has seen them in worse condition go for $2-5k. I have two friends who are really good at body work and paint, so i will be saving alot of money there, me and my brother can do all of the engine and mechanical work so thats alot of money saved. I'm not planning on all of the work being complete very soon, probobly take a few years to do all of it so i wont be spending a bunch at a time. Do you think it would be worth it after all that, or still too much?

BRENT

1997 GMC Yukon
1-DC xl18"
Stetsom 2K5E
3-Kinetik HC1800's

1967 Pontiac GTO

Well, for starters, it all depends on where you live. Yes , geographic location greatly affects the cost of a vehicle like this. I can't tell you why, but it does, and it always has. if your in California expect to pay top dollar, the northeast , top dollar again. in the south, you will pay less, and the mid west it kind of a toss up, the southwest, well you are not there, because that truck just has too much rust and rot for it to be a desert truck. That being said, around the southeast, I wouldn't think more than a grand, maybe even as low as about 800 bucks.

There is soo much work to be done on that thing, just to get it back safe and drivable, and to stop the growth of rust.... Now you are wanting to stick a big heavy diesel in it, which will require alot of mods, and basically a new frame from the tranny forward, and if you are gonna put a bigger axle in it or tow with it, just plan on building a entirely new and beefier frame all together. That stock frame will eventually fail you with a cummins sitting on it.

It is worth what ever you are willing to pay for it, and it is worth the work and the time if you are willing to commit too it.

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

I'm just going to say fuck it and not get it, hopefully find something else to get soon. Plus my dad just got home and told me what i owe on my school loan, so i"m just going to pay off my loan before i get into something else soon.

BRENT

1997 GMC Yukon
1-DC xl18"
Stetsom 2K5E
3-Kinetik HC1800's

1967 Pontiac GTO

Tell him $1300 and then sell the engines, bringing it down to a grand. Those trucks are getting harder to find. Especially here in the midwest. They usually look rougher than they are. Most of that metal is fairly easy to repair after a good media blast. Believe me. No where near as hard as fixing a rusty quarter on a 92 celica. Japanease metal = gay.

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

I say get it, that truck is an antique its well worth 2k, i mean usually you find those trucks and theres no bed or fenders or hood or anything

1997 4 Runner

Alpine CDA-9886

4 Fi Audio X Series 12's

1 Crunch GP3000D Pro

DC Power Inc. Alternator(Kickin out 15+ volts!)

footer-fade.gif

Tell him $1300 and then sell the engines, bringing it down to a grand. Those trucks are getting harder to find. Especially here in the midwest. They usually look rougher than they are. Most of that metal is fairly easy to repair after a good media blast. Believe me. No where near as hard as fixing a rusty quarter on a 92 celica. Japanease metal = gay.

Man, you blast thet thing and it is going to look like swiss cheese.

Man, you blast thet thing and it is going to look like swiss cheese.

Rust free swiss cheese. Haha. Its easy to find where to start patchwork. I see the majority is surface rust. Not that bad really. Find yourself a doner S-10 or 1500 to steal and fab parts from. Make her a daily driver that you can take to shows.

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

Rust free swiss cheese. Haha. Its easy to find where to start patchwork. I see the majority is surface rust. Not that bad really. Find yourself a doner S-10 or 1500 to steal and fab parts from. Make her a daily driver that you can take to shows.

Find some old file cabinets for the sheet metal and save hundreds, even thousands.

HaHa one of my biggest passions is restoring classic cars and trucks. Me and my dad own a custom car shop up here in Michigan and i must say it is a lot of work if you don't have the right equipment but on the other hand if you do, It's is well worth the money. And as far as price i recently sold a 1946 chevy no frame and no drivetrain no bed. Just the cab shell and doghouse rust free locally for 1600 bucks. But i mean rust FREE good cab corners all the way to the headlight bezzles.

even a good grill. So i say give it a good once over and check out the problem spots, cab corners mostly, if all that seems like just surface rust, I say snag it.

And anybody who's says it's a waist of money and he should get a civic is crazy!!!!!!!..

Old custom with a blow through FTW!!! :D

Looking for a CRX to get back in the game.

And a gas tank for my 01 r6. Hit the PM