Erics Impala Wall Build -- BTL 18's - Saz-3500d -- DC Power 270sp Installed

Bass Box Pro says 31.8 hz tune. So 30 was a really good wet finger in the air. :)

Build looks great! Are you going to double up on the sides by the doors or do a 2x4 brace across the box? That would stiffen it up that way- otherwise really solid! :good:

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

since changed the design some from what u sent me... im now getting a tuning close to 31hz.... ~15.5cuft but its hard to tell with ur bracing \

hope that helps... i couldnt get sketchup to look like i wanted

edit* LOL colin, nice timing... im getting a wee bit above 31hz

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

sweet. worked out pretty good then :) i want this bish tuned low. im shooting for 148 @ 34 hz with one saz3000d.

and yes after i get both sides in im going to do another 2x4 all the way across from side to side.

got the passenger side done

layed out

Posted Image

screwed and glued and liquid nails and a 3 inch piece of mdf also screwed/glued/liquid nailed along the front for extra support.

Posted Image

top side piece in with another 3 inch piece of mdf along the center that joins the 2 side pieces

Posted Image

inside view...screwed/glued/liquid nailed.

Posted Image

just another shot from outside with the door closed

Posted Image

port painted with black stone craft

Posted Image

more tomorrow after work...maybe :lol:

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

this is looking more promising everytime you post more pics lol, i really cant wait to see this thing done!

btw wat are your plans on finishing? felt, bedliner, etc

man i don't know yet. if it sounds as good as im hoping it will i may drop some cash on having it wrapped in leather to match my interior. have to see how it plays out.

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

Nice to see another walled Impala! Looks like you ended up with similiar dimensions to mine. Only thing I'd suggest is a lot more port, but I know it's tough when you want to tune that low. Should definitely bang!

I'm about to redo mine. Tuned to 35 right now, might bump it up to 37 or 40hz with 285" of port.

2001 Chevy Impala

Eclipse CD7200 mkii

Cactus Sounds 5kw

Sundown 100.4

(2) Fi BTL 18s (walled)

ID 6.5s (2 sets)

Iraggi 320 amp Alt

XS Power Batts

KnuKonceptz Wiring

MidwestSPL Scores:

152.0 Advanced 2

136.1 Extreme 3

SEEMs to be comething crazy in the making man.. great build.. every impala owner in the world should be proud you rep the well

he wouldnt be the first to say they did a 167 with a system like that (one that clearly DOESNT), but i have to say, he didnt beat me anywhere, ive never competed against the guy. If he thinks his does a 167, mine would probably put him in a coma. :hairtrick:

ok im gonna admit im a total noob when it comes to port area. can anyone tell me how much port area i have. i used a rectangle port calculator then a few other people told me it was correct but i still have no idea how much port area i have lol. inside dimensions of the port are 22 wide x 6.25 high x 21 deep

Archived