Sundown Audio

Sale At Local Shop

I live near a Sony outlet. They are holding a sale on Xplod amps right now. I could get another amp like mine (I think its XM-ZR1252? the 800W 2-channel) for $90 and a ZR-series 4-channel (50wRMSx4) for about $50. I was considering buying these to add power to my system.

The plan is as follows:

-4-channel is obvious-flip on the high-pass and power my MB Quarts and my by-nines.

the 2 2-channels (I already have one): since they are rated at 140RMS per channel into 4 ohms, I would run one channel per voice coil on my two subs (which are rated to 300RMS) giving each sub 280 watts.

I know Sony is not the best brand (or even a good brand) but I was thinking it would be a good start, and if/when I decide to sell them, at the price I bought them for I would not be out very much.

What do you guys think?

PS- if it is a decent idea, there will be a post shortly in electrical concerning wiring these three amps.

Too many projects, too little time...

The only problem I have is if you're going to buy it and in a short while sell it and drop more money into it. I'd wait to buy some better stuff if that was the case.

2 - Audiopipe AP30001Ds

1 - Lanzar Opti Scion 600.4

4 - Lanzar Optidrive 1232D's

1 - Lanzar Opti 5.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6C midbass

1 - Alphasonic PCT6551

1 - Lanzar VX830

1 - JBL 22 band EQ

1 - Lanzar SDBT75NU

1 - AudioControl Epic160

The only problem I have is if you're going to buy it and in a short while sell it and drop more money into it. I'd wait to buy some better stuff if that was the case.

honestly i like this idea, more. but its ultimately ur choice

CURRENTLY UNDER RE-CONSTRUCTION

2008 Hyundai Sonata

Team T3 Audio

Team Deadly Hertz

Team SMD (Street Motivated Devastation)

Chariot.gif

yeah i like that plan also as stated above me.if you save up those 50 and 90 thats 140 get an extra 100 and you could get a audioque 1200 or hifonics 1610 brutus(yes hifonics is over ratted but still a pretty good amp.That way you already have a good amp and all youll do is just buy newer subs and you already have a badass amp then you having to sell those sonys and waste more.

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

I understand what you're saying. However, I could get the money for these now and then if/when they blow, it would be easier to persuade my parents to let me buy a higher quality amp(s), as they fail to understand the you-get-what-you-paid-for mantra.

Another question. If I buy these amps, I will be running one amp to each sub. Is this a bad idea? I read somewhere on here that it was. The subs are in a ported enclosure, tuned to 34Hz, with separate chambers, if that helps. I planned on just running one channel to each voice coil (the subs are dual-4 ohms), as I do not think the amps are 2-ohm stable bridged, and I doubt 8 ohms would do either amp or sub justice.

Too many projects, too little time...

I understand what you're saying. However, I could get the money for these now and then if/when they blow, it would be easier to persuade my parents to let me buy a higher quality amp(s), as they fail to understand the you-get-what-you-paid-for mantra.

Another question. If I buy these amps, I will be running one amp to each sub. Is this a bad idea? I read somewhere on here that it was. The subs are in a ported enclosure, tuned to 34Hz, with separate chambers, if that helps. I planned on just running one channel to each voice coil (the subs are dual-4 ohms), as I do not think the amps are 2-ohm stable bridged, and I doubt 8 ohms would do either amp or sub justice.

you could do it but its gonna be a pain in the butt cause then you'd have to make sure that they are set EXACTLY right on the gains and if not then you could have voice coils blown soon.well then tell your parents this for the understating on the the you-get-what-you-paid-for.Tell them this. say you get a beat up car to try and get it to perform as a new car then you'll be having to dump in money just so you could get it to perfrom as that new car when in the end you wasted more money for trying to make the beat up old car to run like new again.IE buying cheaper amp to make it perform like one of the good amps,.

Edited by Beanz
That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.