Sundown Audio

I Need Help Setting Up My Saz-3500d

Well I have been waiting for various parts of the system and finally I get everything installed and it sounds weak.

I am stumped on how to properly wire my new amp to my sub so I get the 1 ohm load.

I have the sub wired correctly inside the box and I am running one dual 2ohm 18" btl.

I dont have a O-scope so my plan was to just crack the gain to a 1/4 turn from off just to see if everything works etc . I am going to order a O-scope hear pretty soon when I get the money.

So gain is set 1/4 turn / LPF around 80 I think (hard to tell what it is , have it between a 1/4 and a 1/2 a turn)/ Subsonic I was shooting for 27Hz , I have it around 1/4 turn . Bass boost is all the way off and the phase is all the way down .

What is phase ?

I looked at the manual I got with the amp and on page under single amp connection and the diagrahm showing one sub 1~4 ohms it shows the + of sub side to connect to the negative of the amp sides and the negative of the sub side to connect with the + side of the amp .

my sub end of my setup has no bass really and when I turn the volume up the sub starts popping like its gonna blow the fuc up or somthing and the gain is only at a 1/4 turn . I feel like a fool now

Edited by Joker

2000 Trans Am ws6 - 6spd / M9 / cam / full bolt-ons / semi full suspension / tune

1998 Integra - daily beater, [2] AB XFL-1244's / 4ft³@35Hz, 61in² / Saz-3500dv1 @.85Ω

Well I have been waiting for various parts of the system and finally I get everything installed and it sounds weak.

I am stumped on how to properly wire my new amp to my sub so I get the 1 ohm load.

I have the sub wired correctly inside the box and I am running one dual 2ohm 18" btl.

I dont have a O-scope so my plan was to just crack the gain to a 1/4 turn from off just to see if everything works etc . I am going to order a O-scope hear pretty soon when I get the money.

So gain is set 1/4 turn / LPF around 80 I think (hard to tell what it is , have it between a 1/4 and a 1/2 a turn)/ Subsonic I was shooting for 27Hz , I have it around 1/4 turn . Bass boost is all the way off and the phase is all the way down .

What is phase ?

I looked at the manual I got with the amp and on page under single amp connection and the diagrahm showing one sub 1~4 ohms it shows the + of sub side to connect to the negative of the amp sides and the negative of the sub side to connect with the + side of the amp .

my sub end of my setup has no bass really and when I turn the volume up the sub starts popping like its gonna blow the fuc up or somthing and the gain is only at a 1/4 turn . I feel like a fool now

Phase is just used to tell if the sub is inverted or not. If the sub isn't inverted, keep it off. First of all do you have it wired pos to pos to pos, and neg to neg to neg, because that would give you the 1 ohm load. Secondly, an Oscope costs a fortune, so run out to walmart, grab a volt meter and at least see what kind of voltage you are getting. it is possible that you are clipping to all hell from your head unit...Use this with you new voltmeter to set your gains...it sounds like your lpf and subsonic are fine. http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j23/stev...77/RMSchart.jpg

A vitrolic, megalomaniacal sadistic psychopath.

Oh and by the way, I have a SAZ3000d, and there is no way in living hell, even with the absolute worst box, that your combo will sound "weak" lol. I don't know if you ever had or heard a really loud system but you just joined the club. Everyone who gets in the jeep thinks I'm trying to kill them lol, I love it Good luck, and don't be shocked by that initial boom when you get it all squared away.

A vitrolic, megalomaniacal sadistic psychopath.

I had it + to + , - to - at first and then I was listening to it and all of a sudden the damn sub starts popping so I tried how the sundown book that come with the amp shows .

2000 Trans Am ws6 - 6spd / M9 / cam / full bolt-ons / semi full suspension / tune

1998 Integra - daily beater, [2] AB XFL-1244's / 4ft³@35Hz, 61in² / Saz-3500dv1 @.85Ω

right now ur running at 4 ohms...no wonder it doesnt seem loud. wire it back down to 1ohm and adjust all ur settings

VbjgkeI.jpg

F6CNB9e.jpg
Team Sundown Audio / Team XS Power / Team SHOK

SMD Super Buyer/Seller

www.sundownaudio.com

www.shokindustries.com

www.4xspower.com

www.excessiveamperage.com

have a multimeter? i'd at least set the gains before blindly adjusting it. and wire it back like littleitaly showed you. adjust the gains to where the output voltage reads 59 volts. then just keep an eye on your electrical unless you beefed it up already