I'm not sure how "easy" it is to modify other control units.

The only reason I did this is because I seen someone who had one of these taken apart, so I knew what was inside.

almost all of my interior lighting is blue now, I even did my defrost switch, and will be moving on to my window/lock switches next :)

Did you just have the regular 'white' bulbs lighting everything before? B/C I want to try and do this with my gauges and such. They have the regular bulbs lighting them but everything lights up red. My buddy said it was cuz of prisms molded into the plastic or something but IDK. Is that what yours were like?

Too many projects, too little time...

they have coloured panels, which may or may not be glued down or secured in some fashion. Behind the knobs is a little piece of clear plastic with a green frost paint on it, this makes the light shining through green regardless of whats behind it, or some ugly odd colour if you use different colour bulbs.

and yes there were just regular stock bulbs behind there. two #37 bulbs. This is why I didn't just stick an LED in. LEDs are directional, and bulbs are not. Just putting an LED in wouldn't shine light anywhere and the panel would be very dim. that's why I "aimed" the LEDs in the light guide, this makes the panel just pop man.

I'm working with another guy to make up a newer style overlay.

I will also be doing my shift selector overlay :D the whole fuckin' thing is goin' blue. and I'm waiting on some new reverse glow gauges to show up.

yeah that looks wya better. id think about doin that to change out the pontiac orange but got too many projects for now, but maybe in the future cuz i like it mang. and hey LordArcane nice avy :D