Jump to content

Rf T162s Send Them Back? (update 8.3.09 NEW COMPS HERE!) Page 2


Kasey

Recommended Posts

Posted

i like the old ones more as well but if they didnt work its cool that they replaced them

It was very cool that they replaced them

I don't know if it was just me but in the pix of the new comps the basket looks like it was made of plastic. but it is actually a mettle with a plastic covered mounting surface.

"Audio is not a hobby it's a lifestyle"

_____________________________Refs_1_Refs_2_____________________________

th_140x100square.jpgth_140x100rev2animated.gifth_RF_140x100_powersubs.jpg

Posted

I dont care for those components looks, but them crossovers are looking bad-ass. That bi-ampable feature is nice and so is the on/off axis feature, not to mention the +/-/0 2db slope for the tweets.

Also seems like I see a tweeter protection circuit.

 

 

Posted

I dont care for those components looks, but them crossovers are looking bad-ass. That bi-ampable feature is nice and so is the on/off axis feature, not to mention the +/-/0 2db slope for the tweets.

Also seems like I see a tweeter protection circuit.

when i first saw them online i was sweet then i started looking at them a lilttle more and didn't like them as much. But now that i have them i like them a lot more then the old ones. the crossovers look BAD ASS And so does every thing else.

"Audio is not a hobby it's a lifestyle"

_____________________________Refs_1_Refs_2_____________________________

th_140x100square.jpgth_140x100rev2animated.gifth_RF_140x100_powersubs.jpg

Posted

I liked the way the old ones looked (although I can't see them in my truck) and I heard them on youtube and they sounded great. Are the new ones really better? I'm looking to buy a set today.

2012 Honda Accord

Radio: Pioneer AVH-4200NEX

Posted

I liked the way the old ones looked (although I can't see them in my truck) and I heard them on youtube and they sounded great. Are the new ones really better? I'm looking to buy a set today.

I was board last night so i hooked them up to my ipod. and damn they sound good. I say go for it you will not be disappointed.

"Audio is not a hobby it's a lifestyle"

_____________________________Refs_1_Refs_2_____________________________

th_140x100square.jpgth_140x100rev2animated.gifth_RF_140x100_powersubs.jpg

Posted

I was board last night so i hooked them up to my ipod. and damn they sound good. I say go for it you will not be disappointed.

I just brought them like 30 mins ago. I can't say no to the Roc. They make good shit, great customer service, and just having anything to do with Steve and his site makes you want it that much more.

Now to serious business, I drive a 98 Explorer, pretty small truck. Should I buy another set, because I want astonishing sound or is this set enough? I'm really leaning toward another set and a t400-4.

2012 Honda Accord

Radio: Pioneer AVH-4200NEX

Posted

I just brought them like 30 mins ago. I can't say no to the Roc. They make good shit, great customer service, and just having anything to do with Steve and his site makes you want it that much more.

Now to serious business, I drive a 98 Explorer, pretty small truck. Should I buy another set, because I want astonishing sound or is this set enough? I'm really leaning toward another set and a t400-4.

Go buy another set 2 is better then 1. For the amp go with the T600-4 or T400-2

"Audio is not a hobby it's a lifestyle"

_____________________________Refs_1_Refs_2_____________________________

th_140x100square.jpgth_140x100rev2animated.gifth_RF_140x100_powersubs.jpg

Posted

Go buy another set 2 is better then 1. For the amp go with the T600-4 or T400-2

I like the way you think. I'm gonna try to get the T600-4. I've always been the type guy to spend all my money in subs and amps to power the subs. I'm gonna try to do it right now. I've been in car audio about 6 years and this is my first set of after market speakers. I'm tried of not being able to play my music how I like because the stocks start distorting. I kinda like listening to Erykah Badu, Lauryn Hill, Jill Scott, India Arie and chicks like that (don't tell anyone :blush: ) so I need speakers that can do their voices justice....especially Badu...mmmm...but yeah.

2012 Honda Accord

Radio: Pioneer AVH-4200NEX

Posted

I dont care for those components looks, but them crossovers are looking bad-ass. That bi-ampable feature is nice and so is the on/off axis feature, not to mention the +/-/0 2db slope for the tweets.

Also seems like I see a tweeter protection circuit.

Old ones had the same features....I like the crossover though just too large for my taste.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1025 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...