DC Sound Lab

Thor DC lvl 5 Build/SPL XL Log/ New Pics up

i thought lvl 4 xls had the same soft parts as a lvl5, but a smaller motor, why would it be any louder with lvl4 xl's

have you ever thought about doing 2 12's, of course with the high roll thor special :hairtrick:

because he'd be running 10K watts on subs that are rated for 3K total. i bet those subs would get pretty loud with that kind of power

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

In theory the magnet is impeding alot of air flow off the subs. The xl's motor is smaller and would allow the subs to breath in the box better. Or so I think... lol

As far as what kind of power I'm seeing it's between 8500-10k. MY box rise is low around 1.1 but definately could be better. How to shrink box rise? Shrink box interior. Put a 45 in test see if it comes down. If it works seal it in if it doesnt pull it out and try a diff size. Its alot of work but can be achieved. lol

In theory the magnet is impeding alot of air flow off the subs. The xl's motor is smaller and would allow the subs to breath in the box better. Or so I think... lol

As far as what kind of power I'm seeing it's between 8500-10k. MY box rise is low around 1.1 but definately could be better. How to shrink box rise? Shrink box interior. Put a 45 in test see if it comes down. If it works seal it in if it doesnt pull it out and try a diff size. Its alot of work but can be achieved. lol

Ya that has alot to do with it. On burps i would like to see this tested and maybe you are the man for the job Rob. Interested to find out at what point the lv5 gets louder then the XL.... Im thinking on burps 10kw is the barrier. But thats only a guess. Test that out for me Rob and get some vids. :tease:

Ya that has alot to do with it. On burps i would like to see this tested and maybe you are the man for the job Rob. Interested to find out at what point the lv5 gets louder then the XL.... Im thinking on burps 10kw is the barrier. But thats only a guess. Test that out for me Rob and get some vids. :tease:

I'll see how Rusty feels. lol Maybe I can get a pr of test woofas. :spiteful:

Didnt think about the impedance of the motor, maybe a 5 spider high roll special in an xl? (i think XL have 4 spiders, correct me if im wrong)

Pioneer 500UB

1 LVL4 15" 4.3cubes tuned to 35HZ

BXi1606D

1/0

Red top in back

JBL 5 1/4's front

Infinity Kappa 6 1/2's rear

145.7 Legal on music New Audio Control

Didnt think about the impedance of the motor, maybe a 5 spider high roll special in an xl? (i think XL have 4 spiders, correct me if im wrong)

If im not mistaken the xl are single or dual spider, the lvl 5 is 4 standard.

After talking with Rusty Looks like I'll get to try the spl xl for power comparisons in the near future. :spiteful:

If im not mistaken the xl are single or dual spider, the lvl 5 is 4 standard.

After talking with Rusty Looks like I'll get to try the spl xl for power comparisons in the near future. :spiteful:

hes also shipping you a pair of those lvl6 10's, too, for the sake of "comparing", right?

i want vids of everything!

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel