Anyone A Computer Science Major?

Im a computer science major at the local college and it seems like i really dont care for school at all..I mean its not hard i just dont care enough to make an effort. I have high standards from my parents since my dad has is masters from temple and my sister has her masters from WU..

This pass semester i got A B F and W

my classes was

CS II A

Web page I B

Math 105 F

math 110 W

And currently my GPA is a 2.4

for my computer classes there easy and really takes no effort but for any of my other classes its a pain. I either understand it completely in class then go home and forget everything by the next class...

I need the following classes

math 105 110 and 121

2 science labs

then ill have and AS in CS BUT i will have 72 credits for some reason but i only need 62 to get my AS

I dont know what to do..i know i need a college education to make it but i dont have the passion to stride for my very best in school....I know im not going to transfer im going to do a program at my college that will allow me to go the university build on site and get a degree from a higher standard college/university..I may even change my major to something like networking...

Edited by Jextel
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3042878

TEAM DEADLY HERTZ

"GET LOUD OR DIE TRYIN"only the loudest will survive.

I feel ya bro.... However College for me was 13th grade "with ashtrays" I ended up withdrawing after 6 months of schooling and the state allowed me to keep the remaining of my scholarship funding (4000$) That made me happy as hell back then (2000) and never went back to finish of a degree. I got caught up in "life" and was making 48-50k a year at my (then) local hi-performance parts store and started living life! im regretting it all know wasting the last 9 years of my life, and am just now (at the age of 27) moving on with my life as I just finished schooling for EMT-I and just need to pass the state test exam (nremt) then a 40K career which will only benifit me later on in life. Great benifits, 401k, pension, health plan, etc..... Don't know how old you are, but learn from me, get all that schooling over with NOW, so you dont end up wasting months/years.

**EDIT** it is crazy that in order to get a great paying job in this world, you need a damn piece of paper that says xxxxxxxxx- degree from a good accredited college. I find some of the smartest most talented people did't even attend college! You know what I mean?

Edited by newls1

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

I'm going to school for computer engineering. I'm on a very fast paced schedule with 50 credits last year and will graduate with 196. Keep working at it, it definitely pays off. Chances are if you quit, you're not going back. A friend of mine dropped out. Took him getting arrested and spending a few years in prison for dealing drugs to make him realize he should go to college. He's going for computer science too actually. You may find a 40-50k a year job now, but without a college degree, it leaves ANYONE the option to take that job too.

I just graduated with my bachelors in CIS. Truthfully with an associates it isn't going to get you that far, you definitely need to at least get a bachelors if you want to do programming. The gen ed classes suck, but no matter what you do you're going to have to take them... I graduated with a 3.2 overall and a 3.7 in my CIS program... so you can always bring your GPA up with your CS classes... I pretty much got b's and c+'s in my gen eds... What kind of job are you looking to get into?

Edited by Shyne151

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

I feel ya bro.... However College for me was 13th grade "with ashtrays" I ended up withdrawing after 6 months of schooling and the state allowed me to keep the remaining of my scholarship funding (4000$) That made me happy as hell back then (2000) and never went back to finish of a degree. I got caught up in "life" and was making 48-50k a year at my (then) local hi-performance parts store and started living life! im regretting it all know wasting the last 9 years of my life, and am just now (at the age of 27) moving on with my life as I just finished schooling for EMT-I and just need to pass the state test exam (nremt) then a 40K career which will only benifit me later on in life. Great benifits, 401k, pension, health plan, etc..... Don't know how old you are, but learn from me, get all that schooling over with NOW, so you dont end up wasting months/years.

**EDIT** it is crazy that in order to get a great paying job in this world, you need a damn piece of paper that says xxxxxxxxx- degree from a good accredited college. I find some of the smartest most talented people did't even attend college! You know what I mean?

Im 20yrs old

I know exactly what you mean!

I'm going to school for computer engineering. I'm on a very fast paced schedule with 50 credits last year and will graduate with 196. Keep working at it, it definitely pays off. Chances are if you quit, you're not going back. A friend of mine dropped out. Took him getting arrested and spending a few years in prison for dealing drugs to make him realize he should go to college. He's going for computer science too actually. You may find a 40-50k a year job now, but without a college degree, it leaves ANYONE the option to take that job too.

Where i live the avg income is right at 31k a yr. thats pretty sad and im not trying to fall into that pay rate i actually want to make 3x that amount

I just graduated with my bachelors in CIS. Truthfully with an associates it isn't going to get you that far, you definitely need to at least get a bachelors if you want to do programming. The gen ed classes suck, but no matter what you do you're going to have to take them... I graduated with a 3.2 overall and a 3.7 in my CIS program... so you can always bring your GPA up with your CS classes... I pretty much got b's and c+'s in my gen eds... What kind of job are you looking to get into?

yea i know that i jst dont want to stay in the CS field anymore. Im gonna to stop at a AS for CS and get my BS in another computer field

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3042878

TEAM DEADLY HERTZ

"GET LOUD OR DIE TRYIN"only the loudest will survive.

Im 20yrs old

I know exactly what you mean!

Where i live the avg income is right at 31k a yr. thats pretty sad and im not trying to fall into that pay rate i actually want to make 3x that amount

yea i know that i jst dont want to stay in the CS field anymore. Im gonna to stop at a AS for CS and get my BS in another computer field

Most universities only offer a BS in Computer Science or Computer Information Systems... but alot of the times you will have to choose a path in the CS program, like networking, programming, etc...

Edited by Shyne151

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

I don't know about you, but I actually want to make 100x that much...

Anyways, I don't have too much to contribute to the thread that is actually worthwhile, but I will be attending college this fall for electrical engineering, maybe a touch of computer as well.

(college is rose hulman if anyone has heard of it...)

Finish college. my friends dad is a senior network administration and he makes around 70k year. his oldest son is doing the same profession but finished college and started right off making 87K year once he becomes a senior, est. 120k year. in today's economy, you almost gotta go to college.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Club 150 (15x.x)

Youtube

Future Build:

1x 15" T3 TSNS

2x Sundown Audio SAZ3000d Parellel strapped