Sonic Electronix

A long time ago I use to have a good old school set up.. I had a 2 punch 150's, one 150 per Old School Rockford Fosgate 12" Power series Sub sub would have been made in like 1989-1990. They sounded great and I was hitting the low note great.

Not here is my current problem... I have the following equipment in my -sig-

Rockkford Fosgate Subs Pre Built P2 12's 2 2ohm running bridged at 4 ohms on a P6002 amp Should be seeing 300RMS per sub

================================================================================

RockfordFosgateP2L-212.jpg

RockfordP6002.jpg

Rockford Fosgate 500x Amp Running Mids and Hi's

================================================================================

Tweeters

RockfordTweets.jpg

Mids 2 pair

Rockford6x8.jpg

Dont get me wrong the system sounds great nice and clear.....BUT

I am really missing the low end notes.. For example

ZZ Top - My Heads in Mississippi at 1:05 into the track it has some low notes in it that my old system use to just shake the crap out of everything.

This system I have now I have more power going to my subs then my old system but I am hardly getting anything out of that song during the low notes... So I am thinking that this Rockford custom box is not tuned low enough to get these notes. It said the frequency response is from 26hz-250hz so I would think I should get these notes.

Can some one with the proper equipment play this song for me and let me know what frequency is playing at 1:05 in that song (zz top - My heads in Mississippi)

Thank You

frequency response doesnt mean anything. its ALL dependent on what your box is tuned at. a high tuned box will not hit the lows.

all those factory and pre-fab boxes are tuned in the 40's, 50's, and some ive seen in the 60's.

if you get someone on here to design a nice box for you, you can build it yourself and it will sound WAY nicer than the one you currently have

My first question is where is your crossover set? It could be that the box is not designed to play that low, there are so many variables, what I always do is start small because usually that's where the problem is

1990 Chevy Suburban (Big Booty Judy)

(4) Sundown Audio Zv5 18's

(1) Sundown Audio Salt 12K

(1) Sundown Audio SAX-100.4

(1) Sundown Audio SAE-50.4

(2) Crossfire ST-1 Tweeters

(2) Obsidian Audio ST-1 tweeters

(4) Sundown Audio Neo Pro v3 6.5's

Saving 2nd Bass

Yea I built my last box by my self and tuned it, was not a pro job but it did the job well... but if someone is willing to design a box for 2 p2 series 12's 2 ohm (will be bridged at 4 ohm) that would be great.

They are going into a 2003 Mercury Mountaineer.. I was thinking of building a box anyway, but was debating on just making it a box for 4 12" subs so I can add a couple more down the road with another amp.

Yea I built my last box by my self and tuned it, was not a pro job but it did the job well... but if someone is willing to design a box for 2 p2 series 12's 2 ohm (will be bridged at 4 ohm) that would be great.

They are going into a 2003 Mercury Mountaineer.. I was thinking of building a box anyway, but was debating on just making it a box for 4 12" subs so I can add a couple more down the road with another amp.

whats the maximum dimensions you would like to use your box for. height width and depth, and how many subs of what size

i checked it with audacity and it looks like 33 hz

Team S.M.D.

Maritime Car Audio- (2) 18" SSA ZCON D1

- American Bass 500.1

- 60 ft of 3/0

-480 Ah of battery

- (2) stock alternators (70 +90)

- Kenwood Excelon x-794, 4v preouts

car audio is just a LOT more complicated than "this amp does this power" or "this sub will be this loud". its like 2 + 2 = banana. (if that confuses you then you get the point) lol

My first question is where is your crossover set? It could be that the box is not designed to play that low, there are so many variables, what I always do is start small because usually that's where the problem is

The amp is set in low pass and crossover is set between 120 and 160

The amp is set in low pass and crossover is set between 120 and 160

i thought that crossovers for 12s are sposed to be at like 60 or sumthin like that

Edited by basshead4life

Team S.M.D.

Maritime Car Audio- (2) 18" SSA ZCON D1

- American Bass 500.1

- 60 ft of 3/0

-480 Ah of battery

- (2) stock alternators (70 +90)

- Kenwood Excelon x-794, 4v preouts

car audio is just a LOT more complicated than "this amp does this power" or "this sub will be this loud". its like 2 + 2 = banana. (if that confuses you then you get the point) lol