Sundown Audio

Hifonics Amps

Well i already own a hifonics bxi2006D amp.. and am currently wondering how much real power it puts out?.. My truck has stock electricals and 5g wire. I am wondering around how much real power its putting out since i know they are over-rated but was the best i could afford at the time.

With stock electrical and 5ga wire.. Im amazed you havnt smoked it...

Passport Build Here

Alarm: Prestige APS997A 2-Way/Remote Start

HeadUnit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Front Battery: Yellowtop Optima D34/78

Back Battery: 2x C&D Technologies High Rate Series UPS12-475FR 134AH

Subs: 2x DC Lv4XL 18's

Amps: 2x Sundown Saz1500's Strapped

Box: 12Cubes 33hz 185sqin Port(15.4sqin per cube)

Pillars: AudioBahn AS31Q

Front Doors: Clif Designs TX40.5

Back Doors: Clif Designs CD50.4C

Rear Speakers: Clif Designs TX46.5

Front/Rear Amp: Kicker ZX350.4

Back/Pillars Amp: Kicker ZX200.2(Looking for another zx350.4)

Electrical: 1/0 Scorpion Wire 2 Runs Pos and 2Runs Ground, Knu 1/0 Flex Running to Amps ect, Big 3, JL 8Ga For Speaker Wire, Knu Karma RCA's, Scorpion Volt Meter

Deadener: 100 sqft Sound Destroyer Mat And SECOND SKIN Damplifier Pro Door Pack

Well i already own a hifonics bxi2006D amp.. and am currently wondering how much real power it puts out?.. My truck has stock electricals and 5g wire. I am wondering around how much real power its putting out since i know they are over-rated but was the best i could afford at the time.

have the correct electrical, and ull be able to be jus a lil under the rated rms

if its a Brutus it does 2000 rms, a Crunch Gp 3000 does rated rms and than sum ect

all bout electrical

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

With stock electrical and 5ga wire.. Im amazed you havnt smoked it...

x2

he wouldnt be the first to say they did a 167 with a system like that (one that clearly DOESNT), but i have to say, he didnt beat me anywhere, ive never competed against the guy. If he thinks his does a 167, mine would probably put him in a coma. :hairtrick:

what exactly do you mean by this?.. well i have 5g from the battery to the amp then 5g as ground aswell?

thats a small wire to pull that many amps through. upgrade your wires to 0 guage and i bet you'll notice a difference.

you'll probably even have alot of voltage drop with the upgraded wire because the amp won't be limited by the wire.

You should run 1/0 wire and upgrade electricel... thats what they mean

yea im going to do 1/0 wire this friday when i get paid.. and by upgrade electrical what exactly is that? meaning upgrading alt?.. sorry about these idiotic questions just got into bass recently and am ilinformed

He just means that you are overloading the wire and that you could have SERIOUS electrical issues on your hand within the near future. Anytime you go over 1000RMS(some cars I would do it over 500 anyway) you are suppose to upgrade your stock electrical wire to 0 gauge. Most of us in increments of 1000 double the runs of wire to keep the load down. So you are actually pushing your factory accessories off of the wire and then the system too which is a major problem when it comes to keeping your voltage high enough to run everything properly. Your amp isn't going to do it's rated power and you could risk frying it because your voltage will dip too low. Whoever installed it for you could have mentioned it or if you did you should have done a bit more research on the matter.

It's not going to do anything close to 2000watt RMS at 1ohm though that's out of the question. Only way to tell would be to clamp it

1993 Chevrolet SWB Pickup

Viper 791XV

Primer Stage

5/8 Static Drop

Kinetik HC1800

Big 3 Knu Flex 0

Team Tex Flex

He just means that you are overloading the wire and that you could have SERIOUS electrical issues on your hand within the near future. Anytime you go over 1000RMS(some cars I would do it over 500 anyway) you are suppose to upgrade your stock electrical wire to 0 gauge. Most of us in increments of 1000 double the runs of wire to keep the load down. So you are actually pushing your factory accessories off of the wire and then the system too which is a major problem when it comes to keeping your voltage high enough to run everything properly. Your amp isn't going to do it's rated power and you could risk frying it because your voltage will dip too low. Whoever installed it for you could have mentioned it or if you did you should have done a bit more research on the matter.

It's not going to do anything close to 2000watt RMS at 1ohm though that's out of the question. Only way to tell would be to clamp it

when you double the runs of wires that means you have like 2 or 3 1/0 gauge going to the battery?