Anyone Else Prep'n Up For 2 Wheel Season?

Burrito, you'll never grow up man..just like the rest of us...and...and...a ZX14??? come on man...you need to get a real bike, something like what Hammerdown is putting together...

my friend is tryin to talk me into getting a bike, a "Jigster" 750 i think or something like that. I dont know how to ride em so i have been using that excuse for a while now.

DO NOT get a gixxer 750 as a first bike...that is absolute suicide. Start off on like an sv650 or something. Trust me, this is coming from me having an R1 currently and the wife rolls on a gixxer 750. Both bikes are stupid fast and have little margin for error.

Hammerdown - man that thing is nuts. I know how fast my R1 is..I couldn't imagine being on that beast that you are building. Keep us posted on its progress, I know I've got interest in it..

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

Burrito, you'll never grow up man..just like the rest of us...and...and...a ZX14??? come on man...you need to get a real bike, something like what Hammerdown is putting together...

DO NOT get a gixxer 750 as a first bike...that is absolute suicide. Start off on like an sv650 or something. Trust me, this is coming from me having an R1 currently and the wife rolls on a gixxer 750. Both bikes are stupid fast and have little margin for error.

Hammerdown - man that thing is nuts. I know how fast my R1 is..I couldn't imagine being on that beast that you are building. Keep us posted on its progress, I know I've got interest in it..

You're right - my buddy bought a TL1000 as his first bike - that was crazy stupid. Laid it over on day 1

Check out StoneSounds to see my recent builds.Or look at the Flying White Facebook Page!

I think a yamaha F4i would be a good bike for him, It is an older(new) bike, so he don't have to spend a lot of money and its not to fast but fast enough, plus there is a lot of aftermarket stuff for this bike when he gets used to riding it and wants to up the power.

I would tell him to get a kawasaki 600 but those are always the ones kawasaki puts the gadgets on and trys em out so they are always more expensive, he best stay away from kawi until he is ready to step-up to the 996 up club. then they have really good bargain power.

-Steven-

SMDsigbannr4.jpg

even If your buddy would have kept he would've prolly started doing wheelies, and those starve the motor for oil when almost straight up and almost all the time sieze up and sends the bike into a flip w/ the rider. Seen it happen a lot, but there are ways to fix that just like anything else.

-Steven-

SMDsigbannr4.jpg

and tommorow is lookin promising for being able to get track times w/ the new tire and extended swing arm. I can't wait, although I am going to be sad not be able to wheelie all the way down the track my last pass as easy I used to be able to. Oh well the swingarm was for the greater good.

-Steven-

SMDsigbannr4.jpg

well my friend who wants me to get the 750 has a cbr1000 it is a older one a hurricane 87 model i think, he wants me to ride it a lil to get the feel of a bike, i have sat on the honda cbr 600 i think or whichever one is the 600 that honda makes and it doesnt feel right. Keep in mind i am 6'6 and it feels to small. But i am not really into bikes, not yet at least i mean they are cool but i havent got the itch for em yet.

RF Punch 40x2RF Punch 100x2RF Punch 200x2RF Punch 200x2RF Punch 400x4JL Audio 10W7-3"but its only a 200 watt amp tho"

dude, most good riders started out on like 600cc bikes, bigger is not better, even if it is one of the slower 1000's. I am not saying its not okay to ride the bike every now and then, but don't ride a big bike to get the feel of them. I am not tryin to diss your friend but he is giving you the wrong advice IMO and many of my friend who rides advice.

-Steven-

SMDsigbannr4.jpg

and tommorow is lookin promising for being able to get track times w/ the new tire and extended swing arm. I can't wait, although I am going to be sad not be able to wheelie all the way down the track my last pass as easy I used to be able to. Oh well the swingarm was for the greater good.

-Steven-

Wow your statement has got me confused. Extending the swing arm is going to hinder your turning on the track. Typically a longer swing arm is to stabilize the bike on straight high speed runs...can I ask why you extended it?

dude, most good riders started out on like 600cc bikes, bigger is not better

-Steven-

Though I agree with the bigger is not better, I would totally disagree that most good riders start out on 600's. Even todays 600 has way to much power for a newb. If you've done any type of MSF or track schooling, the first thing they teach is to get a bike in which the power is managable. Having a 600 with a 1/4 turn throttle is bad news. If you read through a lot of forums most experienced riders start out on like 250/500's or vtwins. Then when you understand the bike and power, you upgrade.

kev

You're right - my buddy bought a TL1000 as his first bike - that was crazy stupid. Laid it over on day 1

I agree, but this woould actually be my 2nd bike.... just the first since the wife and kid! 1st bike '89 kawi 900r

Barretto MotorsportsTeam RFCTeam CHMTeam SMD "Blow Sand"Live Your Life Without Boundaries... http://www.jeffbarretto.acnrep.com/d_oppor...A=US_EN&BW=

Archived