Second Skin Audio

97 Thunder Chicken

So my cousin has a 97 T-bird and 2 kenwood 12s and a kenwood amp makin about 900W RMS. He wants me to make him a new box. The dimmensions given to me were 47x55x19, but idk what one is the depth and which is the width. He wants more boom basically. I am trying to decide do i make him a ported box or a 4th order, or a 6th order?

Will post pics from WinISD in a moment

Heres the output i should get from ported or a 4th, need to do a 6th still

boxesforeddy.jpg

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

With 6th order also

boxesforeddy2.jpg

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

does have a trailer behind it? :D I am almost positive thats not going to fit. Birds are 39" between the wheel wells. only about 15 1/2" top to bottom under the rear deck in the trunk. You might squeeze a little more out of the height if you build it in the trunk. IF you buld to the max height if the box is too long it won't fit through the trunk opening. Been there , done that. Are you sure its T-bird? 89-97 are all the same

I am trying to design a box right now. Where do I get a program like that so i can cmpair graphs?

1st  SMD "System of the Month" Feb. 2007

Zapco Studio 500 (2)

Zapco Studio 300X

Zapco Studio 204 (2)

(2) FI 12ssd's w/ copper coils

DLS Iridium Tweeters

DLS UR2.5 MidRange

FI. N.7 Midbass

JL Audio TWK 88 

Mechman 370A Elite Alternator

WinISD is free, linearteam.com or something like that. Yes its a bird, 97. He probably gave me the widest point. I was going to make it like 30*22*18-19. How should i face the subs and port. Im not sure he wants to cut through the rear deck, if there is an armrest i can fire the port through there.

i think you are going to have a height issue if you want it to fit near the back seat. I am pretty sure 15.5" tall is about the max you will have under there. You should have about 39" wide so maybe you could widen it so it cane be shorter.

disclaimer : i am definatly not a box designer, i only know what should fit in a t-bird :) which does not mean it will sound good :)

heres what your working with. should be the same

100_2503.jpg

1st  SMD "System of the Month" Feb. 2007

Zapco Studio 500 (2)

Zapco Studio 300X

Zapco Studio 204 (2)

(2) FI 12ssd's w/ copper coils

DLS Iridium Tweeters

DLS UR2.5 MidRange

FI. N.7 Midbass

JL Audio TWK 88 

Mechman 370A Elite Alternator

2nd order or 4th order

6th is a bitch and really can narrow ur bandwidth

plus they arent the greatest subs so a standard slot port would be the best idea and easiest to build

just do something like

33*15*20 or something like that

3.25 port wide

15.25" port wall

35hz

3.6cuft... bingo, done

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

thats what i was thinkin, i was thinkin 4 cubes at 35 though. makin the port something like 4x15. He said he just wants it loud, which is where the 6th order came in, btw 6th order is the pink graph, and it has the widest bandwith of them all. im gunna make a few boxes on sketchup first and have the response curves for them all and then try and figure out what i wanna build for him. Im thinkin its gunna be either 6th or just a ported box. those seemed to look the best. BTW, the graphs above Red is ported, blue is 4th pink is 6th

Well heres a ported one, about 4.7 cubes, 56" of port, around 30 Hz. Thinkin subs forward port firing through the armrest. Thoughts?

boxforeddy5cubes30hz.jpg

Archived