Sonic Electronix

Hmm...good Idea Or No? Def. Need Help With This...

have u looked into a 4ch so u chan hear everything or r u just worried about bass

2002 ford focus hatch

pioneer DEH-P8400bh

infinity kappa 6.5 components front and rear

XS Power D1200

Shuriken BT-100

audioque 120.4

2 15 inch audioque HDC3 D2

2 audioque 2200d

big 3

mechman 220a alt with external regulator

479-418-3056

when looking at amps, dont look at *max/Dynamic/Peak* power at all... always look at RMS values, that wont be that bad for it but i suggest

http://www.caraudiodeals.com/audiopipe-ap15001d-p-1452.html

that one does very close to rated 1500 rms... if not more.

RMS values...alright. I'll see what I can find.

have u looked into a 4ch so u chan hear everything or r u just worried about bass

Mid & Treble isn't much of a concern right now. For the time being, I'm going to stick with my stock speakers which can handle the power load that my new receiver will put out. Once they fry themselves or I shove a screwdriver through them in anger, I'll replace them and possibly upgrade with a 4 channel amp.

1998 Honda CR-V

Installed:

1 x Kenwood KAC-9104D amp

2 x Kenwood KFC-W3012 12" subs

4 x Kenwood KFC-1682ie 3-way components

1 x Kenwood Excelon KDC-X493 head unit

My Honda Build

When you add the bass to your car, it might be hard to hear the mids and highs, it could very well drown it out, so looking for a 4ch amp will be in your future very soon :)

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

When you add the bass to your car, it might be hard to hear the mids and highs, it could very well drown it out, so looking for a 4ch amp will be in your future very soon :)

Not to mention new speakers. :) I mean, I've been in loud cars before...but nothing that's absolutely WTFBBQ loud. If I crank my stereo up loud enough, it actually feels like I've got tiny little 8's in the back. I'm impressed with what my cars stock stuff can put out. I think they are 20W RMS 40W peak. Which is crappy...but hey, they're stock.

EDIT: What's your opinions on RF P2 subs?

Edited by ArmoredPersonel48698

1998 Honda CR-V

Installed:

My Honda Build

but with subs all your really gonna hear is highs. cuz im sure your stock speakers cant produce mids u can hear over the bass

2002 ford focus hatch

pioneer DEH-P8400bh

infinity kappa 6.5 components front and rear

XS Power D1200

Shuriken BT-100

audioque 120.4

2 15 inch audioque HDC3 D2

2 audioque 2200d

big 3

mechman 220a alt with external regulator

479-418-3056

Not to mention new speakers. :) I mean, I've been in loud cars before...but nothing that's absolutely WTFBBQ loud. If I crank my stereo up loud enough, it actually feels like I've got tiny little 8's in the back. I'm impressed with what my cars stock stuff can put out. I think they are 20W RMS 40W peak. Which is crappy...but hey, they're stock.

EDIT: What's your opinions on RF P2 subs?

I have 2 RF P2 subs that i cant wait to get rid of. they only take like 250 RMS, they are a tad over rated in my opinion. Don t get me wrong, they sounded good in my truck on only a 450 watt amp but its not at all what i though they would be.

Current System:

Pioneer 6900 HU

Front Stage: (for now)

Soundstream tarantula 5.25 in the doors

Soundstream tarantula 4x6 in the dash

Kenwood 400.4 for mids & highs

Bass:

4 Soundstream RW-12's

2 Power Acoustik Stax 4000/1D's

single chamber box, 2.65 cubes.

Currently under the knife being bagged

Rebuilding err'thang

I've broken my list down even more. I'm stuck between the following:

Subs:

Hifonics ZX12D4/ZX12D2 or Pioneer TS-W308D4/TS-W308D2 (DVC 4 ohm/DVC 2 ohm)

RMS values = 500 for the Hifonics, and 400 for the Pioneers.

Amps:

Autotek SM1-1000 (1kw RMS @ 1 Ohm), Crunch P1500.1 (750w RMS @ 1 Ohm), or Crunch P1000.1 (500w RMS @ 1 Ohm).

Do remember that I'll be getting two subs and preferably wiring them at 1 Ohm which should be all that hard.

EDIT: Sealed or ported?

Edited by ArmoredPersonel48698

1998 Honda CR-V

Installed:

My Honda Build

since you mention budget and everyone here is talking about the main components, have you also considered the cost of everything else, such as wiring, connectors, fuseblocks, powerwire for the HO alt/big 3 etc?

I'm finding that wiring is becoming my biggest problem, I still need a bunch of 1/0 and other odds and ends that will likely cost me close to $400 ($100 of which is the 1/0) for just the stuff needed to power/wire the amp, subs and head unit that I've spent $400+ on already, (KDC-MP538U, Dual XPA4100, and Insignia party pak) there is also the boxes im building, and the amp racks I will need to build, cost of fiberglass to build the racks, the component speakers I need for my cab, and i'm sure other crap I can't think of.

wen I think about this it makes me sad because it's been over a year and I still can't afford everything I need to get it in, and I don't really have any resources to help me with the stuff that I really need help with.... it's looking like another year or two or longer before I can finally install my god damn system.

IMHO if you on a budget, there is no better bang for your buck than the Kicker CVR's

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.