Second Skin Audio

Slot Vs Aero Port

1-1.5x width of the port, 6-9inches.

See, ive seen alot of guys running their ports pretty close to the hatch, and that is what confuses me. I may have to run subs up port up then

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

See, ive seen alot of guys running their ports pretty close to the hatch, and that is what confuses me. I may have to run subs up port up then

different cars will behave differently...all I can say is....build A LOT of boxes...Try different things and see what works best for you, there are a lot of good guidelines that you can try to follow, a lot of opinions that you can take into consideration, and so on...but until you just sit down and build, test, destory, build, test...and so on you will never fully know what is going to be the best . it is half of the fun.

IMO :)

2010 IDBL Rookie 1 North American Champion

2009 IDBL Rookie 1 Fl State Champion

2009 EBB Fly Weight 3rd Place Fl State Finals

2006 Silver Grand Prix GXP :Diablo Audio Hellfire 1000.1, JL Audio 300/4, One 13W7, ZR650, VR690, JL Cleansweep setup.

Team Pure Pressure

dat12.jpgkonfused22copyn.gif

logottu.jpgproductimage.jpgpoweringlogosm.jpg

different cars will behave differently...all I can say is....build A LOT of boxes...Try different things and see what works best for you, there are a lot of good guidelines that you can try to follow, a lot of opinions that you can take into consideration, and so on...but until you just sit down and build, test, destory, build, test...and so on you will never fully know what is going to be the best . it is half of the fun.

IMO :)

x2

half the fun isnt actually that fun though :dry: lol

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpgth_140x100square.jpgth_140x100rev2animated.gifsoundigital.pngth_Banner_140x100.jpgn221468318568_2854.jpg

8_RedDevillogo.pngteamtexflex-1.jpg

see, thats what i was planning on doing, kinda wish i had a TL.

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

First I assume this is for your Blazer......

I'd design like an old school CRX set up with the ports inside the box and not flaring out like they do currently.

7 cubes sounds good if thats before woofer and port displacement. 6" aeros are nice but, I prefer 4".

If I was builiding it I'd do 4 4" aeros full length and the bottom of the box firing back and have woofers sit on top of them inside the box firing up. You will not be disappoiinted with the output.

Just for reference: I have purchased 8 4" aero (precision ports) and 4 6" ports and have played with them in different configurations as well as a owner of 2 sets of DC 15" woofers. XL's and Prototypes.

www.partsexpress.com is where I ordered my ports through.

I completely wish I had a termlab....but Check some of the audio ahops around you and see if any have a setup...most would be more then happy to let you use it for a few minutes...especially if they get a little money out of it..:)

2006 Silver Grand Prix GXP :Diablo Audio Hellfire 1000.1, JL Audio 300/4, One 13W7, ZR650, VR690, JL Cleansweep setup.

Team Pure Pressure

x2

half the fun isnt actually that fun though :dry: lol

true it can get to be a pain in the A $ $...but when it is finished it is worth it..hopefully

Team Pure Pressure

i love the whole build and rebvuild thing, just wish i had money for infinate amounts of Birch ply or MDf

• 2 years later...

First I assume this is for your Blazer......

I'd design like an old school CRX set up with the ports inside the box and not flaring out like they do currently.

7 cubes sounds good if thats before woofer and port displacement. 6" aeros are nice but, I prefer 4".

If I was builiding it I'd do 4 4" aeros full length and the bottom of the box firing back and have woofers sit on top of them inside the box firing up. You will not be disappoiinted with the output.

Just for reference: I have purchased 8 4" aero (precision ports) and 4 6" ports and have played with them in different configurations as well as a owner of 2 sets of DC 15" woofers. XL's and Prototypes.

www.partsexpress.com is where I ordered my ports through.

I seen this on site and do not like my tuning on my slotted box winISD says one thing, SMD Torres box says another tuning, 12 volt closer to winISD. Now my box is for one Sundown Each SA-15 box around 3.61-3.54 depends on what I do with front area. I can use 2 4" but can only tune maybe 34.3-35 Hz estimate, if I use 3 3" ports plenty of room, one tech said their might be a little more turbulance with 3 3" then other said oops he did only 2 3" might not be bad. I just wanted to get a lower end boost and can go slotted or aerio. Just know in my house my Accoustech PL200 with aerioport is very deep and clean. I not sure how the new slots with over 50 opens for each sub compare as aerios are lot less and is there a issue on how close each port should or should not be to the other which might be a issue on a 17x17x27 box.

Archived