Sundown Audio

Good Amp's

ugpbmx

that legacy looks like a mids and highs amp to me... :)

i was thinkin that but i saw 4400

1100 per chanel and i was like maybe not then i looked at the specs and its like they dont wanna give you a straigh answer on the output

the sundown is a great amp, i have one of the saz 3000s they will do got at half an ohm if you electrical backs it up. theres some 3000s on here for sale if you want to run one of those at 2 ohms and get some good power, then youll have room to upgrade subs down the road. the ones for sale are around 5 and 6 hundred. a little over your budget

nice yea this one looks much better, and has a better power rating. im looking to do just one so this one seems good. do you know if it is reliable or anything like that?

Dang that ap30001d looks pretty good but I haven't read any reviews on it just yet

i was thinkin that but i saw 4400

1100 per chanel and i was like maybe not then i looked at the specs and its like they dont wanna give you a straigh answer on the output

yea idk abotu that i was lookin ath the sundown saz-1500, and an audiopide amp they both looked nice

MY TRUCK BUILD - 1976 F-100 Ranger. Fully built 482 big block, 4 DC lvl4 15's in a blowthrough, plenty of custom fabrication.

MY HATCH BUILD - 1993 Honda Civic DX Hatchback . Clean daily driver, dropped, subtle customization.

teamxa2-1.jpg

guess ill post it here 2... LOL

IMG00214-20090223-1605.jpg

specs

internals

CIMG0458.jpg

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

the sundown is a great amp, i have one of the saz 3000s they will do got at half an ohm if you electrical backs it up. theres some 3000s on here for sale if you want to run one of those at 2 ohms and get some good power, then youll have room to upgrade subs down the road. the ones for sale are around 5 and 6 hundred. a little over your budget

yea if anything i will probably do something with a lot of power so if i do upgrade my subs i will already have a solid amp for the job you know. i was jus trying to find some cheap but good amps

MY TRUCK BUILD - 1976 F-100 Ranger. Fully built 482 big block, 4 DC lvl4 15's in a blowthrough, plenty of custom fabrication.

MY HATCH BUILD - 1993 Honda Civic DX Hatchback . Clean daily driver, dropped, subtle customization.

teamxa2-1.jpg

go with that^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

looks great

whitch one, i was kinda leanin twards the audiopipe it seems perfect with good power ratings and such. but i hear alot more about the sundown amps idk.

teamxa2-1.jpg

Yeah the specs look great but the whole question here is if it is over rated, under rated, falls apart, bomb shelter build, SQ. Well I was just reading about it and some people said it was crappy and goes into protection mode. Which if you look at that spec sheet it says 1,500x2 @1ohm which is kinda a weird way to rate it? instead of x1 which may be why people have protection mode problems? I also just read that the SQ is bad but it just has good power.

its a 2 channel amp... its 2 ohms at 3000 rms bridged, its 2 1500.1s strapped internally... it does 1500 rms at 1 ohm per channel... so 2x1500 @ 1 ohm or 3000 rms at 2 ohms bridged

ive had mine almost a year, no problems, bigpimpin91 has had his for awhile and no problems that ir emember of

they are built solid

*edit

i have never seen mine hit protection at all, and ive had my voltage drop to 10 *not a nice thing to do to a amp, but its built tough

Edited by Army_guy614

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones