Sonic Electronix

Ok i ave heard multiple things about this....some people told me that there isnt a thing as speaker break in...that its just ur ears...and then people tell me that there is....wll i jus ordered 2 12'' alpine type r's and i wanted t know how long does it take to break them in...or some break in methods ..any help is apreciated. thanks.

rockford does tell you not to crank it all the way which means you shouldnt run it 100% right out of the box. others tell you that too. some people do though and dont care. hell, i could hear the difference though from a sub i havent used in a while. i was playing it for a couple of days, and its getting louder and louder everyday.

duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

rockford does tell you not to crank it all the way which means you shouldnt run it 100% right out of the box. others tell you that too. some people do though and dont care. hell, i could hear the difference though from a sub i havent used in a while. i was playing it for a couple of days, and its getting louder and louder everyday.

yea some say breaking 20hrs at least. my T1 i went easy on for 2days now i play it full tilt and its still begging for more..which means i need a new amp..but i would say play low level for 10 hrs mabey :blush:

MMM BASS OATS..ITS WHAT I HAVE FOR BREAKFAST

2 AudioQue HDC3 18'' subs

Rockford Fosgate T1 6.5 mids

MMATS 2000.05

XS Power D1200

Knukonceptz 1/0

Pioneer Premier DEH-P490iB

" Shit I can roll a blunt better than those bitches in Havana!"- Uncle Elroy

yea some say breaking 20hrs at least. my T1 i went easy on for 2days now i play it full tilt and its still begging for more..which means i need a new amp..but i would say play low level for 10 hrs mabey :blush:

I'd say just play it low until youre positive you have everything connected and functioning properly. Then, let her rip. B)

Power Acoustik fubar 12

sony xploding amp

2 ft^3 box @ 35hz

My subs definitely didn't sound as good as I thought they would when I first fired up my system. I ran it low for the most part, but of course people want to hear it, so I had to crank it up a little for them. But I didn't really slam the subs for a few days, and they sound infinitely better than when I first turned them on. The bass would come delayed and just wouldnt sound that great. Now its real precise and hard hitting. I don't know if playing them low is necessary to break them in, but subs definitely work better after a few days.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

all aluminum cone woofers need a break in time.

rock on with the poly, and paper cones.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Hey man,

I bought 2 - 12" Alpine Type Rs, I gave it about 2-3 days of soft bumpin, loud music, just bass not turned all the way up, and i know they aren't broken in completely cuz i dont even push them hard enough to get them moving to their potential, which I will be when i get my new amp.. lol.

A rule of thumb i've heard is give new subs 15-20 hours of soft use before pushing 100%..

Type R's will be fine tho, and hey, how much you pay for your subs?

06 SCION tC