Got the camera back so as promised some more pics. Didn't do a lot of work today but a little bit. Enough blabing and on with the pictures...

Sub recess...

Posted Image

Port shape and front baffle...

Posted Image

Front baffle...

Posted Image

Again front baffle.

Posted Image

Sub in its soon to be home...

Posted Image

Look at the butt on that thing ;)

Posted Image

MMMMM Quad coils :eyebrow:

Posted Image

Pic of the recess...

Posted Image

Again pic of the recess....

Posted Image

Not bad for a couple hours work. I screwed up on the the rings for the recess, had to cut into my good sheet of MDF to make em :furious: Owell, it didn't cost me anything so I can't complain to much.

Jon

Incriminator Audio: No Chrome, No Carbon Fiber, No BS!! Period....

www.incriminatoraudio.com

Stereo Integrity: Your source for the finest Hi-fi speakers and speaker systems

www.stereointegrity.com

Sound Solutions Audio: Best darn click you'll ever make!

www.soundsolutionsaudio.com

***.gif

Looks good bro. Looks like quite a challenge. Props to you for not giving up.

2003 Chevy Blazer 4drPioneer AVIC-D3Memphis 9 volt line driverRE Audio XXX compsPower Acoustik NB-4 tweeters (x4 on dash)Crescendo 1000c42 Alpine Type R 15s (2 more and new box coming soon) Hifonics XXII ColossusIraggi 300A AltKinetik Hc800 up front and 2 2400s in the backKicker Hyperflex 1/0 and 4 gaugeDDM Tuning H.I.Ds35w 10,000k in projector low beams55w 12,000k high beams

Update as promised!

The box in the truck, very very tight fit!!

Posted Image

As you can see, part of the box will be vissible, I think I'll paint that part of it black, just so it doesn't stick out.

Posted Image

Another little "fix" I had to make so the box would fit. I'm waiting on the pieces to dry so I can put them on the box...

Posted Image

What it will look like with the seat back and out of the way...

Posted Image

From the passenger side...

Posted Image

Pieces I'll use to box out the nob for the seat..

Posted Image

The other nob piece...

Posted Image

Looking through the passengers window...

Posted Image

Its really coming together now. I had to add a spacer to the sub recess b/c of a stupid miscalculation I made. I put the sub up to high on the front baffle so the mag was hitting the back wall. I made another ring and cut it in half to life the sub up a little more. Easy fix but now the sub surround is about 1/4" past the baffle. I plan on putting another ring around the sub recess to try and keep the sub from hitting the seat. I'll just have to make sure I don't play it to loud when I have the seat back. I'm actually debating doing another baffle so the sub will be a little bit more protected. Idk we'll have to wait and see. I really don't want to b/c making a new baffle takes a lot of wood.

I might do a little more work tonight, depends on if I go out or not. Other then taking it apart and glue and caulking everything this build is pretty much done!!

Jon

www.stereointegrity.com

***.gif

• 1 month later...

Mine as well do an update for this. The build ended in failure. I finished it up last week and put it in for some testing. I had a lot of bracing issues and I had some issues with the port. It wasn't nothing like what I was expecting. It was very loud in the upper freq range (say 38-60) but it was chocking terrible in the low end. It was loud for a 15" with 2K wattage, but not Death Penalty loud. The box was designed to be a low end monster so as you can imagine I was very depressed with my outcome. I think I'm going to give up on the idea of fitting the DP in the truck. It just need more space then I have. No since in choking it.

I'm thinking about totally redoing my system this summer/winter so be on the lookout for more builds. I'm debating switching over to 10's or maybe as single 12 (if and only if I can find what I want). Right now I'm on the prowl for rare/hard to find 10's IE: XXX 10", Braham 10", and some rare 12's, first gen Mags, and first/early gen ID MAX's. I know I'll be hard pressed to find them but ya never know, maybe I'll get lucky. I got really lucky when I found the DP so I'm hoping my luck will hold out.

Jon

www.stereointegrity.com

***.gif

I don't see how you would fit any of those other subs in there if you had so many issues with that one. Get a badass 10" sub and do a center console with buckets.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

Archived