Ok I decided to get working on my new box for my incoming IA DP 15". This is by far the most complicated box I have every built. There is no way to show it in design, I'm kinda building it in place. Here are a couple pics of my progress so far...

Here are the first 2 peices...

Posted Image

Working around the stupid hump in the back wall.

Posted Image

The real trouble is the humps on the side, they are at an angle and larger then the one I already have boxed in. You can kinda see them on the far side in the second picture. I'm heading back down to the shop to do some more work so expect more pictures coming...

Update!

Here is a picture of the back, this is at a slight angle which is causing all sorts of hell with trying to line everything up.

Posted Image

Side piece is on but it is not cut correctly (fixed it after I took more pics)

Posted Image

Another shot

Posted Image

Don't worry, those are all temporary pieces. I have a crap load of extra MDF cuttings so I decided to use them. I wasn't really sure exactly how I was gonna do everything so I just used trial and error to figure out what works best

Posted Image

Once again, those are all test pieces. The only "good" pieces I have are in the first 2 pictures. Pretty much the bottom, back, and the small hump.

Posted Image

Here is what the internals looks like, I have a plan for them so when I'm done they'll be nice and clean.

Posted Image

Another close up of the internal driver side.

Posted Image

Well thats all I got for tonight. I started working on the box around 2pm this afternoon and its 9:30 now. I did redo my design a couple of times and I had a lot of displacements to play with (you'll see what I mean when I'm done). If all comes out well this will be 3.67ish@32Hz with 60"^2 of port. I was originally going to try 100"^2 then I went to 75 and now I decided 60 will work the best.

Comments, criticisms, and tips, are all welcome!!

Jon

Incriminator Audio: No Chrome, No Carbon Fiber, No BS!! Period....

www.incriminatoraudio.com

Stereo Integrity: Your source for the finest Hi-fi speakers and speaker systems

www.stereointegrity.com

Sound Solutions Audio: Best darn click you'll ever make!

www.soundsolutionsaudio.com

***.gif

you should seriously try fiberglassing. this is one way in which it will help a shit ton.

Yea I've been thinking that since I started this build. I've wanted to try it but just haven't had the energy to go and buy everything and try it. Also its a challenge to do this complicated a build with wood, and I'm always up for a challenge!!

Thanks for the comments so far guys!!!!

Jon

www.stereointegrity.com

***.gif

That looks like a crazzzy endeavor, looks great though. How many clicks do you expect to lose?

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

That looks like a crazzzy endeavor, looks great though. How many clicks do you expect to lose?

I'm not sure. this box is the same depth as my last box I had so I'm used to driving with the seat forward a bit. I'm 6'3" and I could shift comfortably with the old box. This one is actually 1/2" smaller so I might be able to put it back even farther.

Jon

www.stereointegrity.com

***.gif

I hope you have or are going to take out those worthless 5x7's. I used to drive a ranger and there was really no point in even having any rear speakers in a truck that small.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

I would def fiberglass the inside of that box to be safe. it looks good but it looks like it could be weak.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

Archived