Second Skin Audio

brass bolts as terminals?

so i wanna use brass bolts or brass screws or w/e brass i can find to use as terminals to avoid runing a long speaker wire through the port of the new box im going to build tomorrow. whats a good way to keep the wire thats inside the box from coming off the bolt? i was thinking maybe sliding on two nuts and wrapping the wire around the bolt between the nuts and then tighten the nuts together then put some glue or something on the outter side of each nut to keep them from moving on the bolt. does that sound like a good idea or do u guys have any better suggestions?

ring terminals, I always use the 1/4-20 bolts about 1.5" long, lots of brass washers, brass nuts, works great

very low resistance electrically

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Usually in my experience they seal themselves. You could probably seal them with resin or caulk, but that could end up with really messy threads on the bolt. Bolts are really easy to use as long as you use them with ring terminals.

Ring terminals look like this:5Copper-Ring-Terminals-for-.jpg

Make sure if you are using 1/4 inch bolts that you drill a 1/4 inch hole, even a 1/16 of a inch smaller is okay as long as the bolt is snug so there is no air leak.

Usually in my experience they seal themselves. You could probably seal them with resin or caulk, but that could end up with really messy threads on the bolt. Bolts are really easy to use as long as you use them with ring terminals.

Ring terminals look like this:5Copper-Ring-Terminals-for-.jpg

Make sure if you are using 1/4 inch bolts that you drill a 1/4 inch hole, even a 1/16 of a inch smaller is okay as long as the bolt is snug so there is no air leak.

anyone know where i could get ring terminals for 12 awg? and does it really matter what metal the terminal is made of? if so what are the ones to look for?