Sonic Electronix

Alright i figured Id make a new thread because the old one had 4 pages of crap to read through before my newest questions. Heres the rundown again , got 3 12'' jl w3v2 dual 2 ohms all in their own chambers with 1 cuft per sub. The boxes now have a 12'' by 2'' port in each chamber. Runnin them off a kenwood 9013d amp wired at 1.34 ohms. the amp says 900 rms @1 and 2 ohms. heres a few pics of my sloppy setup before the ports were added on my cardomain.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3335727

For now i just want to get a little more bang out of this system. Im not looking to spend too much money anywhere from like 200-350 and i dont know what to do, have new boxes built or grab a better amp. My amp will go into protect on certain songs when i crank the music for a couple minutes.

Ideally Im hoping to find someone with a good amount of experience with this stuff that lives somewhat close to me to meet up with and throw some ideas around. If someone can come up with some real good ideas that wont break the bank and that could help meset it all up I will be willing to throw a little more money around.

Anyways what do you guys think and who is within an hour or 2 of North central Mass. Some major cities I am pretty close to are Worcester Mass, Nashua New hampshire, boston ma, even like providence RI is a little over an hour from me.

Feel free to pm me or email me @ [email protected] or just reply here if anyone can help.

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

get a better amp.

x2

That amp is def not big enuf.

I agree with Gotz1lung as well. 1 cube sealed isnt enough to be ported. most subs take atleast 1.5 cubes to port them.

Edited by Lowroll

Current System:

Pioneer 6900 HU

Front Stage: (for now)

Soundstream tarantula 5.25 in the doors

Soundstream tarantula 4x6 in the dash

Kenwood 400.4 for mids & highs

Bass:

4 Soundstream RW-12's

2 Power Acoustik Stax 4000/1D's

single chamber box, 2.65 cubes.

Currently under the knife being bagged

Rebuilding err'thang

you enclosure was sealed, then you ported it? id guess you are way under needed airspace

oh im for sure under the desired airspace but a few people told me to port them anyways cuz even a small ported box will to better than a sealed is what i was told and I am pretty happy with the results so far i just dont know what i will get more out of changing the amp or the boxes. Ray told me to do 2 of the ports in each box but i did one just to start so i may add another one to each chamber if that would help too. So if the popular vote is to get a better amp does anyone have any suggestions that are in my pricerange?

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

oh im for sure under the desired airspace but a few people told me to port them anyways cuz even a small ported box will to better than a sealed is what i was told and I am pretty happy with the results so far i just dont know what i will get more out of changing the amp or the boxes. Ray told me to do 2 of the ports in each box but i did one just to start so i may add another one to each chamber if that would help too. So if the popular vote is to get a better amp does anyone have any suggestions that are in my pricerange?

only thing im kinda worried about is Jl says these subs take 250-300 rms a piece and if my amp is doin 900 like it says it is, will more power kill my subs?

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

proper sealed box > crap ported box

Again, I just have to believe in you guys telling me things because i dont know any of this myself. A few different people told me to port it anyway and see how it sounded and so far Im liking the ports. And does anyone have any suggestions for a better amp for a good price ?

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

Again, I just have to believe in you guys telling me things because i dont know any of this myself. A few different people told me to port it anyway and see how it sounded and so far Im liking the ports. And does anyone have any suggestions for a better amp for a good price ?

Does anyone know what my kenwood amp actually pushes rms because a bunch of people have told me that its overrated but like i said Im wondering how much because according to jl my subs are only supposed to take 250-300 a piece.

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

250-300 rms? so they will actually take 500 to 600 watts. I think something like 1200 watts would be better because you have a 2.67 or 1.33 ohm load. I think you should probably build a new box, with the right airspace and ports, see how it sounds and if you want more throw a bigger amp on them. A properly sized box will sound so much better than a box thats not to spec.

Current System:

Pioneer 6900 HU

Front Stage: (for now)

Soundstream tarantula 5.25 in the doors

Soundstream tarantula 4x6 in the dash

Kenwood 400.4 for mids & highs

Bass:

4 Soundstream RW-12's

2 Power Acoustik Stax 4000/1D's

single chamber box, 2.65 cubes.

Currently under the knife being bagged

Rebuilding err'thang