I heard that if you jail break a iphone it can be used with any SIM card on any network i was wondering if it was true.

ModMyI Thats a whole forum dedicated to jailbroken iphones. the place to go for the software to jailbreak them is http://blog.iphone-dev.org/ and to jailbreak is "redsn0w" after it is you use "ultrasn0w" then your off.

To answer your question, yes it is possible. Not all services might work for you though...

CABCopyright.png

88-98 GM Full Size Forum www.GMT400.com

i put fuses on power wires, and condoms on fuses, to keep the fuses safe!

So it kinda has to be a big company or something? this whole think is confusing lol im reading them link you posted.

ModMyI is a forum of people dedicated to customizing iPhones like we are to car audio.

the Dev Team is a group of hackers dedicated to removing the restrictions apple and at&t put on the hardware allowing you to do whatever you want with your phone. the software they make to allow the general "Jailbreak" is called "redsn0w." they also happen to make a peice of software to trick the iPhone into thinking your using an at&t sim when your not and that app is called "ultrasn0w."

First you must install the jailbreak software to your phone and it guides you step by step in the program you download to your computer. After you jailbreak it you have to go into an app store like program and then download ultrasn0w.

CABCopyright.png

ModMyI is a forum of people dedicated to customizing iPhones like we are to car audio.

the Dev Team is a group of hackers dedicated to removing the restrictions apple and at&t put on the hardware allowing you to do whatever you want with your phone. the software they make to allow the general "Jailbreak" is called "redsn0w." they also happen to make a peice of software to trick the iPhone into thinking your using an at&t sim when your not and that app is called "ultrasn0w."

First you must install the jailbreak software to your phone and it guides you step by step in the program you download to your computer. After you jailbreak it you have to go into an app store like program and then download ultrasn0w.

Your iphone must be upgraded to the 3.0 os for you to jailbreak it with redsn0w. When you upgrade it is not much different jailbreaking it.

CABCopyright.png

I just might jailbreak mine OG iPhone for now.....enjoy it until I get my 3G S. browsing ModMyI now, thanks

15xtrur.png

Check out my build and the band Like We Always Do!

Once you start you can never stop. Bass addiction is serious. And there is no 12 step program for it.
Subs are like titties, They need to come in pairs because ones and threes are just wrong, and larger amounts will always draw a crowd, we all have our favorite sizes, but the bigger ones are more fun to watch move. :D

you can use turbo sims as well to bypass the sim card lock on the phones. i had one until i upgraded to 3.0. then it wouldnt work anymore. so instead of buying one and waiting for it in the mail with no phone in the mean time, i looked up the soft unlock. works like a charm, and so far i havent had any internet issues going out for days at a time like i did with the turbo sim so i'm even better off than before.

not all apps work tho as of yet. winterboard works (to customize the phone) and i wanted to install a new skin for the keyboard, and i guess with the new landscape keyboard, it wouldnt work. so i gotta use the plain keyboard till they update it again. most everything works tho :)